Morden's bad ending

(Below is a bit of lore i made to give context to the picture.)

In the Arcane universe, Sea Curses are thought of as something to seek out in pursuit of greater power. There seem to be no significant downsides to being cursed, aside from not being able to swim. But what if these powers were to be… actual curses? In an alternate reality where having a sea curse can only make your life worse, i present to you - Morden, the user of the Death Curse, who has met his worst fate. Having lost all of his loved ones after hundreds of years, he outlived every single person close to him. Long gone past the point of insanity, Morden was rumored to roam the war seas, under the name of the “Reaper”, taking the lives of people who had what he once lost.

61 Likes

This is SO GOOD!

3 Likes

Fucking horrifying, I love it

2 Likes

/uao What a sad way to go.

/rao bro really think he :skull:

Bad ending? This is so sick that it’s the good ending fr

4 Likes

this goes so raw

1 Like

God dang that’s awesome. Also uhh this reality you made isn’t so alternative after all, it’s literally what happens to curse users

2 Likes

This is so edgy but good and fitting.

1 Like

Turned into :skull:

1 Like

Really cool art, I’d like if Vetex explored deeper into the negative effects of Sea Curses.

1 Like

This bad ending is ironically mordens canonical fate.

Iris is just a mage
And unless we get ahold of some ancient godly power we ain’t sticking around much longer than she is.
So morden will inevitably lose everything.

And he will also go batshit crazy because errwellyknocursessanderrmrmrrmdeath and stuf.
So he will likely become a threat to the war seas.

Until

kid named ocean:

IMG_4192

3 Likes

He has said that there isn’t really a direct negative besides the ocean (which eventually stops being a negative when magic in the sea disappears). It does have the side effect of you becoming like your curse (for good or for worse) which in the case of Rupin made him temperamental (which became amplified by how he acted) and Durza who became power hungry.

2 Likes

nah bro wants to join tucker :sob:

1 Like

yeah ik i just didnt wanna upset morden fans with basically saying “thats what happens to your favourite character at the end”

1 Like

Morden reacting with skull emoji irl

3 Likes

holy s***, this is some of the most impressive character fan art I’ve ever seen in a while. Honestly, Morden’s decaying face in the portrait reminds me of the 2 OCs I had for AO a year ago but are forgotten now because of horrible power scaling. Nevertheless, thank you very much for drawing this, I’ll set this as my PC home-screen.

2 Likes

He’s about to turn into the spinning skull

hot damn

Doo doo doo doo doo doo bass or guitar starts playing