Music Category

After listening to some of @The_Legend_7.0’s tracks. I got the idea for a music category!
So here is some ideas for it.

There would be a category similar to #game-discussion. where there would be multiple sub-categories. like “General Music Discussion”, where you’d discuss favorite music tracks that don’t have to pertain to WoM/AO.

Heres another one. “Music Suggestions”, where people would compose and suggest music to be put in the game. of course it’d come with something similar to suggestions. with a “Vetex accepted” tab. it’s free and quality music for people working on the game, and popularity for the composers! maybe with a TL2 requirement like suggestions.

And then “Music”. where people would put their tracks (remixes of Wom/AO tracks. maybe even remixes of non Wom/AO tracks. or custom tracks that the person isn’t suggesting for any reason),
with this. there’d be some tags for it. “Remix” “Non WoM/AO track” and even “Permission to put in game”. where whilst not being suggested, if the people working on the game are interested in actually putting it in. the tag basically gives the devs permission to do so

So yeah! those are some ideas. @The_Legend_7.0 helped a bit with some of the ideas. I would like to see people make tracks for my ears to be happy. so I hope this gets to the forums, any addons y’all got to these ideas?

2 Likes

music suggestions is pretty cool
but i think u can add music suggestions in suggestions? like suggest music suggestions in suggestions without making music suggestions

It could be in suggestions. but I feel if there is already a music category. it’d make sense to put it there, but normal suggestions could work too.

1 Like

“Music” falls under art. In my opinion, it should just stay under #art.

My thinking was, it can’t be in #art due to it’s formatting (Images show up while scrolling).
it’d also declutter art for people looking for images, and music for people looking for music.

Very few pieces of music are posted. The music category would be dead. Right now, with it in the art category, it fits. The art category is thriving. Music is not cluttering it.

Music can be a little hard to find. However, that could be fixed by adding a “Music” tag.

Fair, fair. though personally. I feel having a category for music and music suggestions would encourage more tracks to be made for the chance at being featured in the game/trello

tbh now that you mention music i was working on one earlier and i need to know if its lacking, ok, or good

and yes it cuts out all of a sudden since its still a wip but im planning on getting this to 2 or 3 minutes :nod:

and yes i do agree on a music category although idk if it’ll be alive

3 Likes

What if Music was a subcategory of art. Kinda like how Roleplaying is a subcategory of writing

1 Like

Possibly. we just need a place for music and music suggestions, so if a sub cata could provide that, it’d be happy

I think music probably wouldn’t be big enough to be its own category, maybe subcategory, though I don’t see why you couldn’t just ask music related questions on something like off topic and post on art.

Maybe of subcategory of #art?

tbh it’d be better for a sub-category, + perhaps maybe vetex can ask for a “music theme” to music creators, giving more opportunity for contributor role

Really like it! fits nicely in a island (like. town area of it). or even a title screen theme! heres a like!

Btw, do we have a new forum music composer here???

tbh im making the theme sound like a downfall of a kingdom, or the outcome of a major ship battle, but probably a decimated island thats fallen from the skies at the most

How about: Sub category of suggestions for music suggestions, and sub category in game discussion for music discussion?

Edit: Actually. Game discussion wouldn’t exactly be the place for General Music Discussion. as non Wom/AO track discussion wouldn’t fit there as it doesn’t pertain to the game. though sub cate for suggestions does make sense

1 Like

Maybe it’d be for exploring the ruins of a kingdom? honestly I REALLY hope you finish it. it’s a good theme

ye that could work

Some of my sub-category ideas wouldn’t fit #art, I’d say there isn’t really a downside to a music category

You could just use #off-topic for this :man_shrugging:

#suggestions isn’t just limited to feature and change requests; it can include other requests for the game as well. Though maybe there could be a music request tag.

I don’t think this forum has a lot of composers so I don’t really see the purpose of making categories just for music, unless suddenly a surge of music composition-related posts start popping up then maybe that’ll change.

A subcategory for #art could work though for users who just want to look at fanmade music.

Tl;dr It just isn’t entirely necessary atm