My chest tierlist

Made in paint because unable to access twitter. Variations ARE accounted for. Reasoning below, feel free to disagree.
The tierlist

S-Treasure chest
Best chest, you can get anything including rare scrolls/weapons/whatever, only chest to have multiple drops (silver/golden).
A-Weapon chest
Best guns? Best greatsword? Best shield? Right here. Literally saviors for weapon hybrids. Above armor because of guns being used by everyone.
A-Armor chest
Gives all the accessories you need, and rarer tiers give armor for those that didnt farm bosses yet+chances of fair amulets/arcspheres(?).
B-Scroll chest
Main way to get small treasure charts, which are bad for anyone who has a rival. Rarely drop enchant scrolls and rare scrolls tho.
B-Ingredient bag
Serves its purpose and that is enough. Moneymaker and can give potion ingredients, but chests above outdo them.
C-Sailor chest
Would be D tier if not for the charts and cannonballs.
D-Food crate
Food? That is it? Yeah, there are spices, but they are barely used in favor of more hunger and straight up better seasonings like Sun caraway or Sea cale.

Edit: for some reason armor chest wasnt there.

wait fuck no armor chest

With the introduction of potions, I’d rank ingredients chests higher due to having reagents and catalysts

I would argue that even so, current catalyst and reagents are not good enough to propel ingredient above B. Water breathing potions are cool, but the only real (and most likely intented) use for them is underwater structures, which, in my opinion, are bad because of the sealed chests being a pain to get. If that one thing changes for the better, I would rate both ingredient and sailor one tier higher.

sailor chest is mid food crate is peak everything else is in their rightful positions

Ingredient bags used to be a hard D tier for me, but the underwater update made them jump above even Scrolls. It feels like they reliably drop pearls now, and those have gained a ton of value.

(post cant be empty)

True, but even if you don’t personally value water breathing pots, these can sell for an okay amount (the elixirs notably) or you can just throw the pearls at vendors.

I know that. Galleons dont seem to have much of value outside buying ammo, upgrading and enchanting gear. Besides, you usually get plenty from other activities like pirate hunting. Never had a problem with money tbf, maybe because actually enjoyed the game instead of speedrunning.

Sailor Chest really sucks when you consider that Sealed Chests are just a superior version of them. Sure they’re harder to get but they’re also guaranteed to get (by sinking ships.) They are an obsolete option and personally a D tier for me.

Aren’t there also golden chests?

sealed chests just decided to commit unexist ig :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Scroll chests are good 100% sealed chest just need effort

Sailor only at C because of sea charts, pre-update as bad as food crates

Yes, they are the rare type of treasure chest. Silver chests are uncommon type of treasure chest.

Didnt put sealed in here because they are so good they basically deserve a whole tier above everything. Also they are significantly rarer than normal chests.

Yeah and food crates are infinite sky pumpkins just need effort (L argument).

Sea Charts ain’t even all that imo. Diving Spots aren’t really hard to find. Their only real saving grace are cannon balls which you can get a lot more of and better ones from sealed chests or just buy like 100 of them from a shipwright.

1 Like

Scroll chests basically are a free level during the sailor slumps, so helpful at that point in the game. The worst thing about them is
“Rare Scroll Chest”
“You received:
Legendary treasure chart
3 galleons”
and no enchant scroll

my favourite chests are food crate, sailor and scroll

You gotta remember food crates are the only source of wheat in the bronze sea pre-ravena or if you’re too lazy to do the quest.

No no lets not forget the enchant scrolls and shit ton of exp charts give. 1/10 for an enchant scroll which could be valuable. Charts basically give a level which is a staple for file leveling

… And why would you need wheat? Fish better for buffs, and its not that hard to get an uncommon one even for a lvl 10 player.

I agree that the exp is very important, but there are tons of other ways to get exp and on my juggernaut file (lvl 125 below 10 hours) treasure charts were just a small push of like 3-5 levels. Most of my exp in the storyless parts came from quests.
Honestly, if there is a slight buff for charts or a mediocre rework like some suggested, they would go to A or S but imo they are not at that level yet.