My friend just died

My deep sympathies, loss can be tough to deal with especially with someone who was close. Move on, take your time if you need to slow down a bit. Having dealt with many losses and nearly myself, cherish every moment with friends and family as one day they may be gone. Don’t dwell on negative emotions but remember them as a person who has made you happy and continue to live your life to the fullest. Make others happy just as your friend would have done and continue to be a good friend to the friends and family in the present for the future to come. If you need to talk to someone about I would be happy to but if you feel like you need a rest then do so as these circumstances can be very taxing on your mental health.

1 Like

Damn mate, you have my condolences.

While it won’t magically fix everything, do take solace in that quite a few of us here have gone through shit like this as well.
We understand how ya feel and know that it fucking sucks.
I don’t normally talk about this shit but lemme share a bit of what I’ve experienced.
( I’ve been through a lot of traumatic shit and am currently dealing with a lot of traumatic shit, ( which is why I haven’t been very active recently ) plus I don’t want to write an entire book so I’ll be keeping this somewhat brief. )

My 8 year old sister die of various complications that she had from birth when I was 7.
Granted she had been taken away from us since we couldn’t give her the help she needed, when I was still a toddler so I didn’t have any memories of her.
Regardless that shit hurt, especially since I saw my mother break down over it.
I also had to cope with my grandma dieing due to a heart attack caused by overdosing.
Which happened not even 24 hours after I went back home after being at her place to visit.
FYI this happened only a couple months after my sister died, so yeah…
When I was around 12, I watched 1 of my cats die a painful death by what we think was poison and had to put it in a trash bag and dig it a shallow grave.
A couple years later I watched another one of our cats die.
This time by suicide by jumping out of the bed of a truck going 60mph down the highway / interstate.
I could’ve stopped her but due to certain circumstances It wasn’t medically advisable.

Anyhow the point being, I feel ya mate.
Dealing with loss is rarely easy.
Take the good advice that others have kindly shared here, take it easy for awhile and take the time you need to process and cope with this.
Don’t push yourself beyond your limits, if you do it’ll do shit to you that just about no one should ever have to experience.

4 Likes

I am sorry.

Don’t give up, though getting through this is hard you can do it. No matter what, you’re in this together with your friends, family, and welp from the looks of it, the support of the forumers. We can help you get through this, stay strong.

Don’t give up.

Ah, also good luck.

3 Likes

it really does warm my heart that the forum comes to support in these situations.
I was in a bad situation before as well, and a lot of forumers came to help.
Same here.
Really one of the best places on the internet.

5 Likes

wow thanks guys

I feel better now reading these replies

I am coming to accept that she’s gone now, we even had her funeral

again thanks all for the support

7 Likes

I have found my own way of dealing with it, but thanks for the help anyway

2 Likes

glad you found an outlet :pray:

1 Like

:fr: no comment