My Masks [ Arcane April, Day 8 ]

Masks are lifesavers. And they’re great gifts to the three who lived as me.

They don’t make me feel like myself though, but hey, it’s better than having to see this stranger in the waters every time I travel. With these, I can even bear hanging a mirror on my ship too. But would I buy one? Not in the slightest, unless it’s for the three friends I created.

Wait, can I even call them friends? I know they’re friends with each other, but would they even care about this waste of a human?.. Never mind, I’m finding the answer to that later. I know they won’t care, but eh…

Anyways, I’ve owned three masks so far. One for each of my friends. I could say they’re like the masks to cover up this unnamed dumb fuck too.

The first one is for this kind person named Tale, who I aspired to be. I bought this cute mask from a Redwake merchant. It has a simple yet happy expression. I hope they liked it.

The second one is for my savior, Istoria. And I looked up to her bravery too. Her mask was given to me by a trader from the same island. It was a red crow mask with a certain dark aura, but I think Istoria would rock in it. It even has a sharp peck too. I bet she could use it as her weapon too!

The third and the final one is for this cool guy called Roman. This black mask I found from a chest has a mysterious aura from it, just like Roman himself. He rarely appears, but if he does, he fills at least 5 pages of the diary with his detailed observations. Whatever he has written, his writings make it as clear as the day, until the point it’s even clearer than what I could recall.

That’s it for today, I’m going to pass out anytime soon, so…

To all the names I mentioned here, except for myself without a name.
     I really, really love all of you.

my name is bnt and I’m yoinking bits of my OC’s stories into Arcane April prompts

good luck figuring out what’s with the main character lol

7 Likes

insane.

they’re all insane.

yse :troll:

ok from the fact that the word “would” is used a lot here, I can assume that either said three friends are dead or never existed in the first place.

my initial thought was that the narrator is an author who created three of these characters as friends in one of their works. but “lived as me”? i suppose self inserts are technically “living as the self-inserter”, but its more accurate to say that the self inserter is living as them, not the other way around. also this interpretation kind of hangs on this line:

though this is pretty weird since it’s odd to love someone who knows literally nothing about you, as this seems to suggest:

nah i give up, this is too hard.

I feel that