My only Critique of the story so far (story spoilers, obviously)

right, forgot that poseidon also mentions that cursebeard (i think) was his best friend

alr i’m a lot calmer now
still kind of mad about durza just being a puppet though

1 Like

Apollo wasn’t the actual god, just a man named apollo

Forgor, but ya so it was just Poseidon and Hades even if Apollo wasn’t retconned

No, according to the most recent (to my knowledge) info, Apollo is the actual god. I have no idea how AR devs got that misunderstanding, the only way I could think of is some exchange like this (hypothetical):

“Hey so just making sure, Apollo in the One Shot Pirates is the actual god Apollo himself, right?”
And then Tech sarcastically says something along the lines of “Yeah sure bro, the guy named Apollo who’s ranked up there with Poseidon and Arthur is just some guy off the street, not the real deal” and it was taken literally

I think it was a human, vetex has said before that at the time of Magius Apollo had died of old age which meant he was probably mortal

His description in one of the old Arcane trellos doesn’t indicate any godhood either (but ig that could be a matter of the description being too brief)

Trello

Hmm :thinking:

1 Like

I would like to see this whole cult of cernunno explored more in the nimbus sea. intriguing sidestory ngl

2 Likes

And character

On one hand, I like how the thing is a tracker. It makes me feel like a badass who is turning the game into an overglorified monster-of-the-week shonen as I punch each champion in the balls with my abilities, hacking my way through their ranks.

On another, the Order really suffers from how streamline the story and game is in general, and like you said would benefit from more mystery. It’s built in such a way where it feels like you wants to to find clues for a thing on your own, but you never do. It’s like a mystery with a bread crumb trail but it’s actually one massive loaf.

2 Likes

This may be off-topic but I thought of something to solve this that would make the narrative more interesting: Make everybody think you are righteous when in reality you’re being forced upon the role, and then see if your MC wishes to take the role or not, or basically tell everybody to effe themselves. It would be super interesting while allowing for a blank slate and little deviation from the story. Or you could just make the dialogue vaguer and say that you’re just ready for greatness, not specifying morality.

I hate to be that guy especially so many month late but uh akshully :nerd_face: Hades was foreshadowed on a mural :nerd_face:

uhm akshually it’s months :nerd:

Why this post keep coming back from the dead.

bench man

Because you and others have shared valid criticisms and alternative ideas that would enhance the story!

2 Likes

I think a good way to introduce some of the bosses we fought early-on is to have Ravenna reward us for getting rid of Iris. We’d get to go to Ravenna and be an honored guest of Calvus, which would allow us to meet some of the antagonists we’d have to face later on. This would also be a great introduction to the split-nature story, the good and the bad path. If Iris is imprisoned by Ravenna, you could visit her and she could tell you about her motives: her father was captured by Ravenna and she wanted revenge. This could lead us to make the first critical decision: free Iris from prison and help her find her father or stay at the Castello and remain under good graces with Calvus. You might be able to successfully free her without anyone suspecting it was you, which would let us stay under the radar a little bit longer before Ravenna becomes our enemy. Maybe while we were staying at the Castello, we meet Argos and Elius who tell us they’re heading to Cirrus Island to track down a fugitive of Ravenna (Beringer). If you choose the bad path you’ll go with them and are faced with the option to fight Elius when you learn that Beringer is being tortured; you can fight him to try and get the info of where Beringer is to rescue him or kill him yourself to get the Cloud Curse. If you choose the good one you go with Iris to Cirrus and the events play similarly as they do now, or it could be different if there was a better way to continue. Maybe if you choose the bad side you fight the bosses in your own quest for power, starting with trying to find Beringer so you can obtain the Cloud Curse (and failing in the process since we are never intended to get one).

Anyway, I’m just spitballing, so if anyone has any ideas or add-ons I’d love to hear them. My point was that this kind of story would be a good way to flesh out the MC and give us more agency in the story, as well as communion with side characters. One of my main problems is that I feel too isolated within the story, so something like this could help fix that. I’ve really enjoyed reading this thread, honestly, and I’ve learned so much from all of you!

3 Likes

idk I feel like our dialogue options should have a bigger impact on the story

for example when asking around in the sailors lodge about fort talos, you can tell arwald that you’re gonna infiltrate fort talos

maybe choosing this option completely negates the stealth portion of talos and forces you to fight your way to beringer and then fight argos

idk stuff like that

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.