My problem with choosing a build

I’ve always struggled to choose a build. Before AO, I would constantly ponder on which build I would choose. I worried about choosing it on time for AO. This didn’t happen. After deleting files and rebuild them 27 times, I feel demotivated, out of ideas, and I’m starting to think my dream of becoming one of the best PvPers in AO won’t ever happen.

Wtf do I even do…?
I’ve pondered quitting.
Srsly I need help…someone?

Requirements:
PvP viable
Good damage
Good Size
Decent Speed.
Not super complex

1 Like

create a gimmick build

Go shadow mage or conjurer then, you only need to aim well for good damage and it’s not super complex.

1 Like

Sand magic mage/warlock with some attack speed and size invested with all your power and defense.

You should run thermo since sand buffs from burning. Pretty good.

crystal iron leg

Oh HELLL NAH

iron leg warlord

:frpensive: bruh what. Nah I’m done with anything warlord until knocking fist comes out

metal magma mage

Noo plss

Revive

lemme think of funny idea that could work

You’re killing him.

You really are killing him.

glass conjurur (don’t worry theres a plan to this)

step 1, Poison tooth dagger for added damage and glass has a good enough speed.
step 2, when arcanium weapons cme out, get poison ones
step 3, lots of magics like bleed so pick one and go with it for second awakening, for right now tho your other 2 weapons should be maybe triasta, SS, or some other weapon that you find tasty

your problem is that you want to choose the exact suitable build.
ive come to find that you may choose your build, but the build chooses your playstyle.
every build can be viable for pvp, and you just need to change how you play in order to find it.
like me, i have one main file which i dont pvp on since i took away all its gear for my pvp files. it is a wind mage, and i found its ranged spam style tedious at first but i slowly got used to hitting air shots better.
i also have 3 other files for pvp, in which i predetermined a build i wanted to try, then built it. when i got bored of that, i just made a new file with a new build i wanted to try.
however, if you dont adapt well, or would like to stick to your own playstyle, just tell me what you enjoy playing and ill try to come up with a build that may suit you

1 Like

bad build
glass conjurer is already bad, its just worse weapons because youre decreasing damage from imbue and dealing less bleed
and poison is mid since it only has a 10% bleed synergy due to changes

I like easy to hit double beams (ash, magma, fire) those types of double beams
I like fast magics.
I don’t like warlord
I like having a lot of options
I like magic a lot.
Bleed synergies are nice
Synergies are nice in general

bro… just play conjuror/savant/berserker(not iron leg main), all of them are skill based builds

lightning/snow savant or fire savant/plasma savant
or really just any savant builds that would have a bleed synergy(iron leg on savant is cool because it’s not no skill)

wind ice mage, i’ve heard wind pulsar is neat