My theory on why John Thorne is the "Apex of the world"

As someone from the future, I know their name… John Doe

Heh

I think it’s not someone, but someTHING, and by “seeing the apex of this world” he doesn’t really means we SEE it, but moreso learn about it/mention it

i thought it was gonna be more literal, e.g. you stand on top of a giant cliff and see all the seas at once

im prob wrong tho

that would also be pretty cool

it might have something to do with mount olympus as well, since that’s supposed to be in the war seas as well

I honestly dont even know what that statement even means. I assumed it meant the peak of the story or something. Or at least, i thought it meant the peak of something. I didnt know people thought it might be some powerful dude showing up until this post.

Its all too vague imo.

1 Like

Avery is a man

I think it could easily be Avery Walker. The cool structure that couldn’t be done in WoM might be reading more and more about his deeds as you progress until the end of a major point in the game, where you finally see him. This is because the player might be born relatively close to where he is

Plus, slash magic was in WoM Trello as a future lost magic

Since they say see, not fight, I think it’ll be a brief clash between Wotan and Avery, since if the nation known for conquering shit notices that the northern seas are at war, they’re gonna try to conquer shit. So this fight between master curse users would be the Apex of the World

Retconed torren nerfed into the ground so we can actually win

Torren was retconned yes but someone else now has his titles

Thats what I thought as well when writing this!

I also think that Wotan wouldn’t be a very long term enemy, if the capitol of his nation is in the next sea, withy Jountihiem being in Vimir sea.

It’s been hinted that near the end of Nimbus will be skyhall, so maybe you watch the character from the clouds?

Probably not since that would make him thousands of years old before getting a curse

Avery Walker is heavily implied to be dead, both from Zaix’s journal and evidence from the area surrounding Zaix’s corpse.

2 Likes

Yeah. Which is a bit sad honestly, Slash is one of my favorite lost magics so it would have been nice to see it later in the story.

Chances are another kingdom managed to find the slash curse

Well tech said mostly everyone from thorne managed to espace so i wouldnt see why avery isnt one of them

he never reclaimed his sword, he was arguably in worse condition than Zaix and there happens to be a skeleton in a wall right next to Zaix that is incredibly likely to be him.

Not only that, theres actually a big group of skeletons next to the area.

Theres a dispersion skeletons with the Ravennan Uniforms, and the ones that do not.

Considering the implications that Bronze Armor doesnt get decayed like the bodies, and the fact that that we dont see any Thorne Empire armors, we can easily assume the ones that arent wearing any armors are likely the soldiers of the Thorne Empire. After all, they still had a lot of losses, so there has to be bodies of them there, not just Ravennan soldiers.

The skeleton in the wall did not have any armor. They were likely from the Thorne Empire.

Would’ve been cool to see what the thorne armor looked like early, but it is what it is