Navigating the Dark Sea

1. Get a quest (smth like coconuts for Fromstill, just so it has a marker)
  2. Go in dark seas
  3. Explore untill you are done
  4. Follow marker back to the bronze sea.

Easy

Quest markers are hidden too

Proof:
DarkSeaBasicVisuals

2 Likes

But the dark sea will be in a separate server
Plus I don’t think vetex is that ignorant to keep the quest markers in the dark sea

You sure? I was thinking the same, but as long as i see it, there’s no mention of “different place”

If that was the case there would be no need to hide story and quest markers, since you wouldn’t have them anyway.

1 Like

With these recent patch notes i’m starting to think that the dark sea is gonna be in the same server as the bronze sea, but i’m also curious how can vetex make the island randomization work in the same server?

I thought that it will be a differen server as well.
But as long as i understand, it will generate as underwater structures (at start of a server). Which is kinda sad, as 0-1 ranges will be cleared in no time.
And if it was a seperate place, it would’nt be an issue. Only you, and dark seas

So doing dark sea runs in the same server are just gonna be almost the same, damn :frhigh:

Just go in a different direction than last time, it’s not like you can traverse anywhere close to the entire Dark Sea in one run without getting utterly lost and dying. I don’t think it’s that big of a deal.

Watch as we see the big transparent teal barriers return (this is gonna age horribly isn’t it)

That’s more like giving yourself a challenge, than the game being challenging. But we can still wait for more updates on the dark sea

We saw random generation in WoM though. It’s entirely possible. Though it may cause lag.

And it’s not like random generation was never in the cards for AO with those structures that would generate on the coast

new generation of players + everyone is used to games with maps everywhere and knowing exactly where they are at all times

I swear it feels like you need to be some superprodigy to manage to use the compass according to 90% of the playerbase

7 Likes

the compass is really easy to use though.

yeah tell that to em

I agree.
I got used to it eventually.

i’m honestly surprised some people don’t know how to use a compass, the literal only rule is that it points north all the time

2 Likes

i was a bit confused at first but figured it out soon enough. and then it was actually fun to find my way.

1 Like

man what the fuck