Need Mod Help On False Ban

So yesterday I had sailed from ravenna to frostmill to do the 3 cargo quest and while I was at frostmill I did my usual loot path then I reset to ravenna to avoid the hastle and whiile I was at the ravennna shining plains I grabbed a few chests before heading north to sailors lodge and once I was there I grabbed the 2 chests that spawn on top of the building and I did this because It usually gives me at least and elite or silver chest. But then on my way down to go fishing for sunken items and I had just gotten the sunken boots a couple dozen minutes prior. I was suddenly banned for “exploiting chests” If possible are there any mods that can help me get unbanned as I think the anti-cheat was being faulty.

Just don’t exploit next time
Lol

As of now unless you have proof that it was faulty the mods won’t do anything, the anti-cheat is being buggy and banning people for playing the game

Hopefully once they fix ant-cheat they will do a mass unban on system bans and only keep the moderated bans made by the mods themselves.

That’s what I’m hoping, cause If we get a perm ban for playing the game that’s just horrible anti-cheat.

Welp, bad luck. I feel for you man. Probably just make an alt account for now and pray that a mod helps you.

Man I spent a good 90 hours on that acc I’ll go through hell and high water to get it back but the stupid discord is at channel limit I think they should make a seperate server for false bans or have the mods actually work because they are just piling the work on one poor dude and he can’t even unban us cause vetex has to confirm so I feel like they’re too focused on screwing around with content while not ironing out the current bugs

i’d need proof

How would I provide proof? because my laptop can’t run medal since it’s a potato… Like I don’t even know how one would recreate my ban since I don’t even know the conditions that triggered it… I already made a ticket and I’m waiting for a reply where I have provided an extensive list of information there.

1 Like

you can have all the proof in the world apparently but mods just don’t have the power to unban people sometimes

(not my screenshot it’s from a ban appeal from someone I know)

Indeed, I hope they do a mass unban or something after they fix their anti cheat.

This is the only game I know of where the anti cheat is so broken that it bans innocent players daily, and the mod team behind it are just scratching their balls not giving a shit.

No offense, but seriously. What is this “Guilty until proven innocent” system? Where people get banned for no reason and the mods require proof? It’s just dumb.

1 Like

Make the anticheat yourself then. The mods have said that false positives are very rare so all of these “innocent players” could very possibly be exploiters.

How many of these innocent players even bother appealing in the first place tho? I’m certain that the number of innocents being banned and don’t appeal or can’t appeal due to lack of evidence are heavily outnumbering the ones who do.

In any case, nobody should be defending this. A game with an anti cheat that is quite clearly banning innocent players, combined with a mod team who doesn’t care and expects everyone to screen record their gameplay at all times to have proof to get appealed is an extremely flawed system for any game.

And this is gonna turn away a lot of new players. I mean, how am I gonna explain this situation to friends who want to get into this game? “Oh you want to play AO? Well, make sure you record your screen at all times for evidence in the possible scenario the broken anti cheat bans you for no reason.”

5 Likes

Clearly banning innocent players? What evidence is there to prove their innocence? Idk if you realise that most game mods ask for evidence to unban people, not just the AO mods.

Fair enough, you make a good point.

Arcane Odyssey doesn’t have an anti cheat. I’ve seen clips of people using the most basic script, Infinite Yield, and they weren’t getting banned for it. It is one of the most basic scripts to make an anti cheat for and if they don’t want to make one they might as well buy one.

Wonder if it’s safer to not play AO until an anticheat is installed, I don’t wanna get false banned ya know…

there’s a very easy solution to this, and that’s putting their username on a watchlist, so if they really are hacking, then players could report their username and if it’s on the list, then they could be claimed to be a real exploiter, and be banned.

1 Like

just make a new acc then.

Damn, thats a lot of grinding. I feel for you, but without proof i don’t think you can get unbanned.