NEW Decaying winter perk tierlist

After more experience with the game as well as some feedback and more thought, i’ve remade my original tierlist.

old tierlist

I’ll add the reasoning later, currently I don’t have the time currently.

1 Like

From my experience with Vagabond, Prophet does something weird where I’m able to kill an enemy in one hit w/ 100% Kira. I don’t know why it does that, though.

Blitzer can either be a better or worse tickspider. Better because it has quite a bit of potential (You ever saw one person with a bunch of bombs strapped onto them?) Worse because it can end runs if you don’t handle them properly (One of the 4, maybe 5 perks that can kill you, possibly the only one that can kill others).

damned is literally just a worse survivalist, that’s what it was made to be.
why would you want a dedicated morale tank on your team if the perk they have to play to tank the morale starts with all the negatives of max morale and has literally nothing else.

why would you want to change out the melee weapon?
its heavy attack marks enemies, causing your summons to target them AND causing you to gain health when they die AND increasing your ability percentage to replace one of your summons.
No other weapon would come even close to being as useful for apostle as the arm.

Berserker and Artillerist low on the list

easily one of the worse tier lists in a while

5/10

gotta disagree with berserker, i saw some berserkers doing:

cassually soloing scav war with decimator

taking shotguns in point blank and still going

winning the game even with moral

i main berserker and ive also manage to do:

clear night 10, start to yosef

not only did i go solo on yosef but also his guards that came near him were killed

kill a sickler, multiple times, only got hit once

won the game with a tier 3 weapon, given my friend played the perk that creates the purple ghosts so till yosef came it was me and a few sledge and ak scav, i killed yosef

imo berserker should be in one of the best classes,he isnt a tank and bc of that u need to parry, u gain defense, dmg and speed buff, u even mostly ignore leg fractures with the ability on, u heal 2 hp per kill and 2hp per heavy, parrying can keep u going for the whole night and u ur also immune to shoves.

also decimator > any other craftable meele weapon, maria anyways insta kills all non boss enemies so fracture is useless, billhook is for light spam when u get rewarded for heavies, executioner is extremely slow

berserker even after its nerf is actually one of the best perks in the game

Hoohohooo boy, you actually just went and did that. Personal hatred of the perk’s players in public lobbies aside, let’s break down exactly why this is flawed reasoning for your placement of the perk.

Now, you make a point about saying how Damned, as a perk that is completely immune to morale, makes for an ideal target of the common gameplay maneuver of “Morale Dumping”, where players all intentionally die to reset their HP and remove status conditions.

The flaw to this is that this sole situation is the only true utility of the perk. Damned otherwise is simply survivor with permanent 2.5 morale debuffs applied to it, no backpack, and even worse stats starting out on account of it spawning with empty hunger and thirst meters. Furthermore, filling these meters will force the perk to either ask teammates for rations, or to wait until they acquire quality ranged weaponry, as the Damned has neither perk abilities nor auxiliary. Put simply, the Damned perk is exclusively useful on teams in which members frequently perish—that is to say, teams that are losing.

TL;DR: Damned does nothing that another perk couldn’t do better. It serves as a niche that no decent team should need, and is otherwise simply a downgrade of other perks.

(Edit: argument trimmed down as to not become a history textbook)

prophet lowers the max health of enemies by 25 when it uses its mark beam or whatever you want to call it if the enemy hasn’t been damaged yet apparently.

wait nerf? i need to know more details

fair enough points you provide, i’ll move damned to outclassed when i get the chance. mostly just put it where it is because of my experience playing with randoms.

apologies for the berserker placement, i genuinely haven’t seen anyone use it well and i haven’t tried to get good at using it, so i was unable to accurately place it.

I somewhat understand the motivation to do so in pubic lobbies (I’ve literally had lobby where 3 members died on the first night during looting). That said, I’d advise against playing Damned even then as it puts stress on your team to protect you so they do not gain morale. This can interfere with their effectiveness.

didn’t know apostle’s hand marked enemies with heavy attacks, my bad. (i always use light attacks)

Post nerf, Berserker had

• A longer calamity serum uptime
  • Lower calamity serum cooldown
  • Higher healing on kill
  • The debuff lasted shorter
  • Higher defense while using calamity serum
  • Parries and kills gave more calamity serum uptime than how it is now

my friend played with apostol and it was rlly good

ah, so rn now does berserker heal 2 or 3 hp? ik that pre nerf it healed 4 hp per heavy + kill

yes

eh i still rely on parrying a lot and waiting for a opportunity

fair enough.
a bit too late for that advice though

I’ll do a bit more research and change things around sometime soon, this list is flawed as it has been pointed out to me.