NEW HALLOWEEN EVENT.. SOYY... (discussion)(insanely grindy)

I think that will just create a massive seasonal inflation and make the items not as rare, just do the event in another slot if you want the items that badly

this is just one example from a single person, there are many

then increase the price every time

and that would probably discourage people that want to buy them in a single file, and make them complete the event in other slots. The simple solution is just finishing it in multiple slots

then its going to be more difficult if its a new file, or make the shop price increase across files (then theres alts but that is always going to happen and can’t be effected)

actually if people can just make an alt then whats wrong with it, and other files as well, if you can just use another file u might as well be able to just buy more

there’s nothing wrong with it, it’s just more exhaustive even though it’s the simpler solution to people who want more items from the event

can you elaborate on this? I’m too stupid to understand

uhh, market crash, too many big tiems

more seasonals make them less valuable basically, look at the 2023 eggs as an example, there are 19000 people that have the badge which is almost 4x more than people that have the halloween 2020 badge, therefore making the halloween 2020 items rarer than the easter 2023 items because of them having a smaller quantity

well you also gotta look at the time frame, halloween 2020 was a long time ago compared to eggs, so both more players could get it, but also its rarer because of the time frame.

also id argue halloween seasonals were easier (fishing, chest opening, and one other)

Wouldn’t that just reduce the perceived value of said seasonals though? I fail to see how the other seasonals will increase in price simply because they now hold the title of “being rarer than another kind of seasonal”, it doesn’t really make any sense to me (unless the average AO player is stupid).

that’s just a supply and demand lesson that I don’t have the explaination skills to tell you how it works
But you could google it and seek an example to understand it a bit better

Only one question then:
How will more of one seasonal increase the demand of other seasonals?

wait what when was this said

oh uh i guess because if you think about it, if there are more maid shirts then there are maid tops, then more people will want maid tops because they are technically “rarer” and have more “value”

this is an example a friend gave to me a few days ago:
back in the halloween 2020 there were seasonal items you could get from chests and quests, logically it’s easier to open a bunch of chests around the map than complete a boring quest to have a chance of getting a seasonal item, so since there are a lot of chests in the map and a smaller amount of quests that take time to complete there will be more seasonal chest items than seasonal quest items, making the seasonal quest items rarer.

But wouldn’t it be the rarity that gives value, instead of the relative rarity?
There’s more bread than there is meat, but how common bread is doesn’t make meat any more rare.

what rarity are you talking about? They all have the same chances of being given to players when they complete a certain acvitiy and are all considered seasonal

As in amount instead of ratio
Alternatively, ratio of objects per human instead of ratio of objects per other object

yeah amount is what i’ve been mentioning since the beginning of the convo, you might want to specify a little better with in game terms (like what are you talking about) because using real life examples to compare in game seasonal items just makes it harder for me to understand what are you talking about

did u play halloween 2020?