NEW HALLOWEEN EVENT.. SOYY... (discussion)(insanely grindy)

wait what when was this said

oh uh i guess because if you think about it, if there are more maid shirts then there are maid tops, then more people will want maid tops because they are technically “rarer” and have more “value”

this is an example a friend gave to me a few days ago:
back in the halloween 2020 there were seasonal items you could get from chests and quests, logically it’s easier to open a bunch of chests around the map than complete a boring quest to have a chance of getting a seasonal item, so since there are a lot of chests in the map and a smaller amount of quests that take time to complete there will be more seasonal chest items than seasonal quest items, making the seasonal quest items rarer.

But wouldn’t it be the rarity that gives value, instead of the relative rarity?
There’s more bread than there is meat, but how common bread is doesn’t make meat any more rare.

what rarity are you talking about? They all have the same chances of being given to players when they complete a certain acvitiy and are all considered seasonal

As in amount instead of ratio
Alternatively, ratio of objects per human instead of ratio of objects per other object

yeah amount is what i’ve been mentioning since the beginning of the convo, you might want to specify a little better with in game terms (like what are you talking about) because using real life examples to compare in game seasonal items just makes it harder for me to understand what are you talking about

did u play halloween 2020?

yes, my english skills weren’t as great back then so I couldn’t really understand much

I’m going to rephrase what I think you’re saying under an hypothetical figure:

There are as many Bananas as there are Apples, indicating that both share the same value.
There are more Apples than there are Sky Apples, indicating that the Sky Apples have a greater value.
If the amount of Apples becomes greater than the amount of Bananas, the Sky Apples become much rarer than the Apples as the Ratio of Sky Apples to Apples decreases.
This makes the value of Sky Apples higher as their rarity relative to Apples is higher.

To me, this doesn’t make any sense.
The Ratio of Sky Apples to Human hasn’t decreased one bit, and they are still as accessible. Why would their value increase?
It should be that the value of Apples decreases, not the opposite.

less sky apples to go around compared to more apples and banana’s to go around

because you gotta consider that what we are talking about are seasonals that have been in the game for a limited time and therefore have a limited supply compared to sky apples (which is what you’re comparing the seasonals to) that are infinite, therefore making them worthless because anyone can adquire one at any given time if they want to unlike the items we are talking about which not everyone has and are no longer obtainable
brasina top 3003
The demand for seasonals is high because a small amount of the playerbase have them since they’re no longer obtainable and a small amount of the playerbase have them

And if the amount of players remains the same forever, then its value will never budge as its demand won’t increase.
What you are saying is that in such a scenario, its value will increase because the value of another item will decrease.

I was making use of in-game terms to give you a better understanding, not referring to how they are theoretically infinite as they can still be produced.

that makes no sense because only a part of the playerbase have these items, you’re using suppositions instead of facts

I’m not actually trying to say that, at most the value of both items will only increase because of them being limited time and, i’ll say it again, only a part of the playerbase posseses these items

If everyone had an infinite apple, nobody would want to purchase one. What’s your point?

what does that have to do with the entire discussion? I simply can’t understand what are you trying to imply, sorry

why are you guys making this seem so much harder to understand than it actually is? allowing people to get infinite halloween items in this event (2024) will decrease the value of THESE (2024) items, it wont affect the value of the items of the past event (2020)

I dunno too, the first explainations were super simple I don’t know what is he trying to say now though

He’s stating the opposite (i.e. the 2020 items will increase in value while the 2024 ones will remain the same), which is why I’m questioning him.
(original post, my question)

ok I think I can give you an answer now, the more there are the less valuable they’ll be (just like I said before). We just rambled a lot and got to the point that we were talking about something else (the 2020 items), I just put the image there to show they would end up like the 2020 items that had a bunch of copies making them be less valuable than they would be if they had a limit of how many you could obtain per file, because unlike in this event, the 2020 one didn’t have a limit amount of items from the event you could get in a single file, did you get it now