New Lost/Ancient system Explained

time to remake all my synergies with speculated combos :smiley:

I am gonna be stuck trying to figure out the best base, lost, and ancient magic to use for my water mage file.

this makes it even less likely for hybrids to have the chance of an ancient

cant wait to see five million base magic users because of this new system

Epico

Now I just feel kinda dumb for planning out my magics + builds ahead of time. And for also making this ahead of time https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/t/tell-me-what-build-and-or-magic-s-youre-going-for-in-ao-and-ill-tell-you-what-i-think-about-you/77850

So Mages get 1 base, 1 lost, and 1 ancient at most :thinking:

I’m guessing maybe Warlocks get 1 base magic, 1 base fighting style, and then 1 lost/ancient magic or fighting style? So Warlocks and Mages both have 3 abilities in total.

Wait can warlocks get like 1 lost fighting style and one ancient/lost magic

With this new Mage system, probably not for balancing reasons.

I’ll just go Metal Magic, Knocking Fist, and Electron Magic :man_shrugging:

Unless hybrids can’t get ancients, which is still a possibility. Then I might get something like Blizzard Magic or whatever the Mud Magic alternative is.

1 Like

this feature won’t be out for years

3 Likes

Years is a huge stretch vetex has other stuff planned for release that we don’t know about but it will likely take less than a year but no later than like 7 months

You think lost magics will be out 7 months after release :fr:

1 Like

i preferred the OG system, but i think a system like this is more plausible tbh

honestly “god magics” as ideas for mutations was a terrible idea

what do you MEAN that my super awesome god form half wolf half demon hybrid can’t learn black shadow promethean fire?!?!?

My guy it’s been 2 years and not only has Lost Spells not been added yet, but we just made it to the level 120~ part of the story.

How long do you think it will take to get to around level 300 (current estimate for first Lost Magics on the trello as a Pure Mage) in the story?

5 magics would be overkill anyways but the combos would be long and overpowered af

I mean tbf, most of those 2 years have been spent y’know, actually building and polishing the game instead of focusing on the level/ magic system

actually North might have a pretty decent guess on when the FIRST lost magics may be released (my best guess is around 1.2~ year(s))

and by release I’m referring to full release

I feel like it’ll take 2-3 years, he has to add content for 4 different fighting methods, create islands, create the storyline, and add extra content like new ships, polishing the Dark Sea with new stuff, new Sea Monsters, etc all at the same time.

We all saw how “fast” the Fort Talos and Forest of Cerunno bosses were now imagine all of this up to level 300 including the breaks vetex takes