New Lost/Ancient system Explained

======>| DISCLAMER | <======

We did’nt know about this new system untill 9th of October, and so even this system could be changed in future, please check date of this post and yours, thank you.

What is the new system?

Once upon a time, artist asked the god and our savior Vetex: 5 magics seems like a lot for mage why they need so many?
And vetex replied with…
And that’s where the fun began. Untill that point we all though that mages(pure magic builds) will have 5 magics: 3 base + 2 lost / 1 lost 1 ancient. It was planned even before TGR all the way back in WOM. 5 slots for 5 magic.

But as we understand now its changed. Instead of 5 magic, mages will have 3, and they will work a bit similar to mutations from AA, where you could replace/evolve your magic into different magic.

What’s the difference between AO system and AA’s?

Unlike the AA mutations where you could evolve certain magic into certain magic, in AO we PROBABLY will be able to replace any magic with any lost/ancient.

So, for example, if we have Fire ; Magma ; Ash we can replace it with Fire ; Healing ; Scoarch.

Mutations in AA were garantued at some point of the game…If you would just play the game and not grinding for items, you would still get your mutations.(Yes, some had higher lvl req than others but still), while in AO we will have to firstly get Magic Scrolls, they are rare but as all rare items will have pity system on them and they will have level req as well. Probably 600 magic points for lost magic, and unknown but higher amount for ancient.

Conclusions

New lost/ancient magic system is pretty close to AA’s in some ways, yet, leaves a window for movement by not restricting as much. Yes, 5 magics for mage was cool and it was kind a selling point for mages, yes, its not possible to make 100% use of all 5 magic due to how AO’s combat will work, so i guess the new system of replacing magic is good.
Afterall, most of lost and some ancient magics are direct upgrades of their base variants or combinations of 2.

Poison Lightning Magic - guess what magics it combines.
Equinox Magic - Light Shadow
Electron Magic - Lighting + Burning Poison?
Blaze Magic - Fire + Lightning
Inferno - Fire 2.0
Ap.Bringer - Explosion 2.0
Scorch - Fire + Explosion
Blizzard - Ice + Snow + Wind
Frostmetal - Ice + Metal
Diamond - Crystal 2.0
Sound - Wind 2.0
Lunar - Water + Light?
Darkness - Shadow 2.0
Aether - Lightning 3.0
Flare, Sun, Phoenix - Fire 1.5

10 Likes

Honestly the system seems pretty fun and interesting. I’m even more excited for the release now. Also thank you for the guide.

1 Like

never expected them to have 5 magics in the first place

4 Likes

guess my freeze synergy’s kinda done then, but i guess this was good, 40 spell slots is quite a lot

time to remake all my synergies with speculated combos :smiley:

I am gonna be stuck trying to figure out the best base, lost, and ancient magic to use for my water mage file.

this makes it even less likely for hybrids to have the chance of an ancient

cant wait to see five million base magic users because of this new system

Epico

Now I just feel kinda dumb for planning out my magics + builds ahead of time. And for also making this ahead of time https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/t/tell-me-what-build-and-or-magic-s-youre-going-for-in-ao-and-ill-tell-you-what-i-think-about-you/77850

So Mages get 1 base, 1 lost, and 1 ancient at most :thinking:

I’m guessing maybe Warlocks get 1 base magic, 1 base fighting style, and then 1 lost/ancient magic or fighting style? So Warlocks and Mages both have 3 abilities in total.

Wait can warlocks get like 1 lost fighting style and one ancient/lost magic

With this new Mage system, probably not for balancing reasons.

I’ll just go Metal Magic, Knocking Fist, and Electron Magic :man_shrugging:

Unless hybrids can’t get ancients, which is still a possibility. Then I might get something like Blizzard Magic or whatever the Mud Magic alternative is.

1 Like

this feature won’t be out for years

3 Likes

Years is a huge stretch vetex has other stuff planned for release that we don’t know about but it will likely take less than a year but no later than like 7 months

You think lost magics will be out 7 months after release :fr:

1 Like

i preferred the OG system, but i think a system like this is more plausible tbh

honestly “god magics” as ideas for mutations was a terrible idea

what do you MEAN that my super awesome god form half wolf half demon hybrid can’t learn black shadow promethean fire?!?!?