New Spell type: Constant Beams!

NO BECAUSE VISAN WILL ABUSE THIS WITH HIS BROKEN AIM AND DESTROY EVERYBODY.
pain

I canā€™t see how this would be viable in PvP whatsoever.
Also, it seems kinda pointless

1 Like

Maybe instead of making this a spell type, this could be changed to a spell setting. ā€œBeam Duration.ā€ Replaces the beam amount setting with beam duration?

@KylesVoice It would be useful for killing people that run away in ganking, thatā€™s about it though.

3 Likes

KAME KAME HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Yeah, thatā€™s why the beam exists? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
it would also likely deal less damage to people who run unless you have godlike aim

This should just be part of beam customization all together

1 Like

would be a cool lost spell idea
+1

this would make for a sick battle scene i cant lie

canā€™t wait for everyone to make totally unique spells that are not based to dbz at all

3 Likes

i did NOT expect this level of presentation and by the name i was guessing this was just gonna be multi beams lol

voting because this is really fucking cool

Voted because iā€™ve been wanting this type of spell for a while totally not going to recreate final flash, also your visual demonstration is pretty dope.

Yeah i think they liked the animation-

Yeah i was actually thinking of that but i kept things a little simple in case i was asking something impossible or smth

Jojo

Iā€™m pretty sure summoning multiple beams would do the trick too

But thatā€™s just me, cool animations :smiley:

One thing that should be addressed is turning rotation while firing the beam. Should it be free, letting you shift your camera like crazy or should you be forced to move slower?

it should have a rotation speed cap honestly, making it snap to the mouse would probably make it undodgeable

3 Likes

Agreed, I think the beam should be allowed to move slightly faster than the players walk speed but slower than their sprint speed.

1 Like

itā€™s going to have to be measured in angles, not studs/second

Holy cow I love this idea