New Sunken Obtainment Method (Multi-Step)

New Sunken Obtainment Method (Multi-Step)
effort 4.727272727272728 22 quality 4.857142857142857 21 reasonability 4.541666666666667 24

Why?

As it stands, the Sunken Warrior sets and Sunken Iron Sets are the most tedious pieces of armor to get. They’re also the rarest ones, having the highest value in the player and npc market, as well as the best stats for Defense, giving a good amount of either Attack Size or Attack Speed. The majority of players main issue with sunken armor is that the rarity and the engagement of the obtainment methods don’t match.

Fishing

Fishing has been here since world of magic, and it is to be quite honest, boring. I personally don’t enjoy doing it, and I’m sure many players would agree that they don’t find it to be enjoyable at all. There’s nothing wrong with having a tedious system in a game, but locking the best gear behind it is going to turn off a lot of players off from grinding for it at all.

On Average, it takes 20 Hours of fishing to get a single sunken item with an unenchanted wooden rod, and it is then ⅛ to get any particular piece. This just isn’t feasible for most players to do, which is why luck potions became so popular.

Diving Spots

Diving spots are actually quite fun, and don’t have the same levels of tediousness that the wait and spam click simulator that is fishing does. Sadly, it’s rarer to find sunken doing this, and also requires a bit of prep, depending on the depth and whether there are sharks there or not. funnily enough, I suggested this as a method before it got added.
SUnderwater chests have a 1/3000 chance of giving a sunken item, which is much better but still quite annoying to farm, given the other factors.

So what if we could take the lore accuracy of sunken from diving spots, and give it a new method that’s actually entertaining to farm?

Armor/Weapon Templates

Another way of obtaining sunken armor would be armor templates. These can only be used for one piece of the set before you To obtain sunken armor, you must first acquire an armor template. This could have multiple methods of obtainment, such as

1. Fighting a Hero/Villain NPC
    These would have a chance of dropping them if they’re the same level as you or higher, possibly 1/60

2. Completing a treasure chart of Rare+ Rarity
    Chance at the last spot scaling with rarity, 1/10 for rare charts, ⅕ for exotic charts, ½ for legendary charts

3. Opening Dark Sealed Chests
    Should probably be at about 1/50, would want this to be something you just happen to get, not a common loot item.

4. Future Methods
    Altthink Legendary ships and Ghost ships in the future should also be ways to obtain these as well.

Sunken Arcanium Ingots

After obtaining an armor template, either the Arcanium Armor or Arcanium Warrior template, you must then acquire enough SAI (sunken arcanium ingots), to have a blacksmith smelt into the armor you want, for a hefty fee of around 10k-15k galleons. The amount of SAI required would depend on the piece of armor chosen, 25 for chestplate, 20 for boots/weapon, and 15 for helmet.

How to Acquire?

Sunken Arcanium Ingots would be acquired from all sorts of underwater activities, such as:

1. Fishing
    1/100 Drop

2. Diving Spots
    1/80 From chests there

3. Underwater Structures (depth scaling)
    <70 (Yellow) 3 Spawn
    70-80 (Orange) 4 Spawn
    Anything below (Red) 6 Spawn

Why not Sunken Element?

Although sunken element is Arcanium that has been under the sea long enough to acquire water like properties, It already has a use as a potion catalyst, and people have been obtaining them from fishing with luck for ages, and it wouldn’t be fun to have a new obtainment method added and everyone just skips half of the steps. I know people already have tons of them, and not using it would keep it as something new to farm.

Conclusion

This suggestion is a new sunken obtainment method, with a multi step process to farming it. It still requires quite the bit of time investment, but all of the numbers here can be tweaked to a balanced state anyway. This would probably make grinding it way more fun as well, since you have multiple options of how you want to get it, and can get materials needed from different sources instead of the same thing repeatedly.

That’s all for this suggestion, if you’d like to share it please credit archrono on Discord/YT

11 Likes

Haha the trading community is going to hate this

Extremely rare archrono W

This is really REALLY awesome! This makes it so effort is still able required, but it isnt basically playing a manual RNG game! Good job, my man!

we HATE manual rng games :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

You got my vote

adadada

sunkens should’ve probably been obtainable from chests or other sources and never from fishing to begin with, but this is a fine alternative

yes

is this a good suggestion because of the lack of replies, or does the lack of replies make it a good suggestion

This would actually be really fun to do honestly, and i agree wholeheartedly.
You should probably update it to include the SAI requirement for the Sword and Staff though (you only mentioned the armor)

This is pretty good

Oh yeah

Brilliant Idea.
This would improve sunken obtainment so much.

I actually doubt that tbh. At least the richest traders wouldnt mind i think

1 Like

it doesn’t actually make it that much less rare, it just makes it less tedious

2 Likes

Hell yeah

even if this isnt added some multi-step items for endgame would be nice ( no im not a granblue player why would anyone think so )

I can’t imagine the average trader thinking that engaging with a borderline AFK simulator to get some of the best armor sets in the game resembles competent game design. Doesn’t really make sense to assume that traders would be against this change in particular, since a couple of the ways to get templates a lot of traders already do for farming exotic scrolls and modified items.

1 Like

archrono. my brother. i forgive you for saying shit in vetcord i disagreed with (i forgot what it was lmao) because you cooked up a storm. the only thing i’d like to say is lower the price to 5-10k galleons, but other than that you professionally masterchefed this suggestion. thank you
would also provide another reason to do legend charts.
maybe it could say “(player) has crafted a sunken treasure!”