New system PFP is not centered

There I was eating my brazilian lunch, because I’m from brazil, as all brazilians do. and there I was aghast at the new system PFP

47102_2

I had to keep my brazillian food in my throat because THIS is wretched. please fix this, this is NOT centered. children visit this forum

2 Likes

@Headless very important

edit: meta fixed it

2 Likes

is just my imagine or is it still not centered?
50900_2

No, you’re right, it’s still not centered. I don’t know why headless closed the thread.

I don’t know if this is an artifact of the upload system or if meta is just bad at centering things, but the current PfP is slightly off on both axis.
Red lines are the centrepoints of the image, green lines are the distance from the edge of the text to the ends. While the midpoint of the image is between the two letters, the A is about 30 px wider than the O, so it’s still not centered and the end result (after cropping and squishing) is the obviously wrong:

aight so maybe it’s not that obvious
Here’s a full comparison - on the left is the old image, on the right is a corrected image.
image image
image image

However, the A is right-heavy, so if it’s perfectly centred it might look too far to the right thanks to the imperfection of human perception.
You might prefer this instead (which is a corrected image shifted a couple pixels left).
image image

You can use these images as the new profile picture - these are the same size that discourse stores them internally, so they won’t be altered by the upload system:

Wrong

Correct

Shifted

@Meta

3 Likes

our saviour :pray:

Legendary. Will fix when I get home.

it’s still not fixed and now I’m actively balding :triumph:

malding?

No I’m not angry it’s just that the situation is making me age rapidly and now I’m 65

3 Likes

2 Likes

Ok, NOW it should be fixed LOL. I used the “correct” version you posted.

the saga finally ends

1 Like

lol.