New types of cargo: Long, Large

New types of cargo: Long, Large https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/uploads/default/optimized/3X/4/c/4cb75df5fcb090e616b15811bba56e33c1437286_2_1024x529.jpeg
effort 4.727272727272728 11 quality 4.8 10 reasonability 4.818181818181818 11

Begining

All we know our good ol’ cargo. A medium sized boxes that are sold at any town from the shipwright at the consistant price of 50 galleon, and which can be sold at any other town at higher price all the way to 99 galleons per cargo. But everyone who tried to do cargo trading in the large scale knows the pain of eternal cargo placing, so. What can be done and should be something be done?

2 new types of cargo

So, how about we help players by saving their time and give them a way of “buying cargo in bulk”?

On the picture below you can see 3 cargo types, from left to right:

• Basic cargo | costs 50 galleons
  • Long cargo | costs 100 galleons
  • Large cargo | costs 400 galleons

The 2 new types - Long and Large are basicly a “bulky” version of normal cargo. Long will worth and take as much space as 2 basic cargo, while Large, will take place of 4 perfectly placed near each other cargo boxes and will cost as 8 boxes (2³ = 8)

If player can hold gigantic squids and sharks above their heads, than holding those boxes wont be problem for them as well.

What problem does it solve?

Saving Time. You dont get more for buying larger cargo, you just save some time by buying “bulky” cargos. Selling one large cargo will be equal to selling 8 basic ones, meaning there wont be “Meta way of getting galleons” as it takes the same space and amount of money as other options.

17 Likes

yus :+1:

This can save lots of time,good suggestion!

no reason not to tbh

400 galleon to 800 by cargo

Everyone love to full the boat with cargo , 8000 cargos

we’re gonna have to get longer boats though to compansate

1 Like

would probably need a new cargo menu but yeah i want this

The only reason not many people use cargo to farm 10k galleons is because it takes forever. Adding this would massively inflate galleon prices, but right now cargo is so lame and boring so who cares? Add it

2 Likes

it saves time though it might break galleon values.

instead of fixing the issues of cargo purchase being tedious, simply make massive cargo!

Clear reason, models as examples, explained in a simple way. Lovely suggestion… 10/10

Love it

1 Like

this really would be a big change.

Hell yeah.

I think they should sell for slightly less since it’s a little more convenient. Not a whole bunch but like maybe like the Largest one has 4-8% less scaling since you’re getting 8 in 1

If paired with a proper cargo cap for different ship classes, this would be an excellent update

I assume this is a reference to this

On the suggestion itself, yeah I like the idea of saving time. Regardless of whether or not a cargo hold system is added, I think most people would rather lug around 6 big crates each run than the equivalent 48.

It’s also a balancing feature.

Right now, you can spend over 10,000 galleons to put hundreds of crates on your singular boat, and then you can sell all those crates at an island to reach max level in only a few hours, while also making galleons profit.

That’s stupid.

Presumably this would be less exp efficient so for leveling you’d probably, ideally, use the smaller crates. Especially if in the cargo hold mechanic the different cargo sizes take up different amounts of slots (long uses 2, the bigger one uses 4 going off of the visual size representation).
Although I feel like the amount of exp should drop off for cargo as we level up. Maybe there could be the distance aspect still, but at level 100+ the regular cargo would be 1/2 as effective for exp (min cap is 5%, max is ~33% as it is now), and the long cargo in this suggestion is good for 200+ (min cap is 10%, max is ~40%), and large for 300+ (min cap is 20%, max is ~47%). This mechanic + the cargo hold mechanic suggested before would work well together imo while also keeping cargo leveling more relaxed.