Cargo Hold System

Cargo Hold System https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/uploads/default/original/3X/e/9/e9e8f223f9d19af0fd478977ba4d1d07d33e5f37.jpeg
effort 4.769230769230769 13 quality 4.583333333333333 12 reasonability 4.5625 16

Proposal

As of now, cargo is a relatively annoying and bug inducing system.
My proposal is, get rid of physical cargo on your deck (doesn’t make any sense in the first place) And move everything into a cargo UI, accessed by holding q on the cargo hold grate of your ship

Details

Along with those basic functions, there are benefits of the cargo hold

• You can now have sea-to-sea cargo runs, because the cargo data is stored when you cross into another sea

• It reduces server lag as there is less to process

• No more Cargo despawning, as it isn’t necessary to get rid of lag

• You can have your crew take cargo off your ship, as it isn’t a real object
    Holding Q over the grate should open up a cargo UI, to see how many cargo slots are filled and which places they are from.

Something like this ^

40 Likes

Has my boat but a few things first:

Buying cargo at redwake, and then logging off and respawning at Ravenna. Ideally in this situation the value of the cargo is reduced by 75% and you can’t sell at Ravenna. Alternatively just wipe it like normal.

If this saving becomes a thing, it should only be for one thing: sealed chests.
Less of an issue with these since you’d have to wait to get out of combat regardless (current best way to farm them), however, this would obviously not apply to sealed chests from the dark sea (unless our position in the dark sea saves).

3 Likes

vote* Also

1 Like

Isn’t one of the big draws of the Ketch the fact you can store so much Cargo on it?

2 Likes

you could just give the ship more cargo slots in comparison, as i forgot to state

3 Likes

mabey instead of the UI it would be a

15x Ravenna Cargo
3x Sealed Chest

and items stored in the cargo hold make the ship slower (making a possibly way to identify ships that are carrying in the cargo hold)

2 Likes

This has my vote, I mostly see this as a QoL improvement as there ain’t much bad about it plus it gets annoying moving 30+ cargo onto a whole ketch

2 Likes

@ThatOneGuy. It’s really weird how grindy cargo carrying is. Cargo carrying should feel risky, but not grindy

1 Like

the cargo/sealed chests would somehow be able to be saved when transporting between seas but if you leave the game or go to the character menu your ships cargo hold should reset. Deleting everything in it.

1 Like

Oh wait I misread/interpreted that, yeah across sea cargo runs would be interesting although it could get a bit overpowered if I’m making 1k per piece of cargo depending on how much storage later ships have.

1000 a piece? from darkpine to Ravenna you only make 46 galleons and maybe there is a route I don’t know of that makes 50 gallons per cargo.

so from redwake to one of the furthur seas maybe three bronze sea distances away, you’d make 300 galleons. but you have to spend that entire distance traveling to do so. And on the way you have sea monsters, players, and npcs to avoid.

and when the next sea is added you’ll only be making like 120 if this feature is implemented.

the 300 isn’t for extreme late game where you need massive amounts of galleons to repair your ship and upgrade/enchant your gear.

Moreso a random arbitrary number I picked out. If we assume 6 seas and apply 100 galleons to each sea (which is arguably low if cargo scales off of travel distance) then that’s 600 total. Which for traveling 6 seas is honestly a good chunk of change, depending on the storage of each ship then that’d be a good way to make bank later on in exchange for 50 galleons.

Honestly though this + this would be good for a cross sea economy with cargo. Perhaps some stuff can be considered high demand and draw more attention from pirates, adding more risk but it’d be worth the big bucks.

1 Like

Great suggestion, but I do like how cargo visibly appears on your ship when you put it on. I would add that vanity cargo boxes appear on your ship as you fill up your inventory. I do feel like making a cargo a gui feels kind of… generic? Not unique? I know it’s not a good reason but I like the feel of putting cargo on your boat, even if it is buggy and grindy. If the cargo bugs are fixed then I don’t think this suggestion has much merit, as you could always let your crew carry the cargo or let the player carry more crates (maybe at level milestones).

it’d be cool to see like a little stack of cargo appear on your ship when you buy cargo. not as crazy as having yoru whole deck filled with crates, but maybe a little pile of cargo beside the mast?

gotta have a way to see if other players have heaps of cargo so you can sink their ship :)

good point but i have yet to see anyone attack a ship for cargo and not chests

Just copy Tradelands.

6 Likes

Smart

although i dont do cargos this is a amazing suggestion, less interactive with the world but this is much better than what we have