Nimbus Sea & Easter Patch Notes (Discussion Thread)

me who got ganked on the 2nd day by a shadow mage with absurd size and armor piercing on sameria :broken_heart:

YAYYYYYY
NO MORE NOOBS ASKING HOW TO USE THEIR SHIP STORAGE! (complete sentence)

actualy true, as somoene who spends their free time answering questions in vetcord, its was such an annoying question

Finally a poll that isn’t stupid :pray:

so-called free thinkers when a poll has a spirit weapons option:

In all seriousness, what do spirit weapons do and why are they important? Aren’t vitality builds already viable enough (in the community’s average opinion, just my observation) because of their extra health? Won’t adding a completely new damage method type completely screw up balance even further?
At best, they will be OP for a few days, vitality will be meta, and then it gets nerfed.
At worst, it will be weak and generally unused once the novelty runs off.

Is there a reason for spirit weapons other than ‘cool and i want Warden’

if any of the moderators want me to move this to the discussion thread please tell me and I will be happy to oblige, but now in actual response to this:

spirit weapons, well of course theyre the main method of attack for vitality builds, it would be like if we only had 4 magic spells, or 1 weapon skill, not having them is limiting vitality builds like being a warlock with only magic or something.

personally they aren’t on par(for the most part COUGH COUGH Knight COUGH COUGH), but the extra health is an added bonus, plus the entire idea of spirit weapons is that they use health to cast, almost function as an additional energy bar.

Of course its all going to boil down to personal opinion, but spirit weapons being added now(at least thats what I think from the poll), is the most fair option, people have their personal favorite class, and im sure many people are still upset over the requirement change for the existing abilties, but the point is that every build at least will exist at this point in the games development, and we’d be that much closer to a “finished game”
And don’t tell me that the novelty aspect of it isnt cool, im sure a ton of people were excited to play with the revamped weapons and fstyles in ao when they were first mentioned to be a whole viable route, this is no different in my opinion.

Putting points in Vitality also reduces your damage output slightly so OwO
I think the hybrid builds are designed to be used alongside Spirit Weapons, thus the damage reduction on your other abilities but not Spirit Energy. In other words, even Hybrids are nerfed without them. Its literally the main skillset of an entire stat build, so without that, the game wont really be complete.

In other words, people are choosing it because its literally an entire stat build’s skillset thats been missing from the beginning and should probably be prioritised more than just adding extra skills and weapons, which Weapon Users already have.

Also, Spirit Weapons and Spirit Energy has the coolest lore rn, so of course Im voting for that :joy:

1 Like

tldr: vitality hybrids are literally missing half their skillset

VITALITYBROS… ASSEMBLE!

Avengers Endgame | 'Avengers Assemble' Scenes - IMAX 4K on Make a GIF
COMMON WARDEN W

God… imagine if Biologlol was still here, theyd go nuts

4 Likes

where this?

Vetcord

It seems my evil twin would be very happy to see this in action :]

Wonder how we’ll get spirit weapons, since from game perspective it seems that it’ll just be scattered around the place

Plus there also the question of how many one can equip

I assume not a lot at the start in a monthly update schedule, since this is just starting the development for Spirit Weapons

And if you look closely at the beginning of the story too, you’re basically given all the stuff for the other three stat builds (Magic, Basic Combat, a Dagger) from the start. Since Spirit Weapons are the main skillset of Vitality, then we’re meant to get one at the start of story too. Maybe Morden found it, or it belonged to the MC prior and was returned?

This might mean MC in the story has a Spirit Weapon from the very beginning. Just that they didnt know what its true purpose was, or they forgot. (As they asked about Spirit Weapons in Sameria)

There’s that too
I think it’s likely that we may find one from chests very early in the game and have a pop up explain it to us