Nimbus Sea & Easter Patch Notes (Discussion Thread)

Vetex trying to not make “Rock pillars” type islands:

16 Likes

Vetex when he needs filler islands so the sea doesn’t look too barren

i love looking at blurry image
and somehow i see one pillar with trees and grass on it, but probably not

Those are probably boats but I like to imagine those are crosses.

You can vaguely make out the hull of the ship for some of them:

Dark islands meant to train us for this

they are boats (caravels and a brig)

Because building island takes time and vertex prob wont put things like what specificly gets aded on island into the patchnotes as to not spoil us.

It could be a bunch of shipwrecks

the “sea” look unusually white so could just be another Verdies situation. Ngl I kinda like wacky scenarios like those.

noway its skyhall

maybe this update will let us learn more about the grand navy’s…darker side…like the corruption with the higher ups edward kenton was talking about

or who knows? maybe the assassin syndicate will become a threat, i feel that to make the story more three dimensional the further complexities hinted in the bronze sea will be explored and expanded…as a story writer it makes sense to begin to build upon that underlying tension the deeper the player goes into the nuances of the war seas

well, we know its planned that we visit sameria third from that one bug, so unless we visit keraxe second which I kinda doubt, we have to go to skyhall

I think the Grand Navy focus might come up in the later half of the entire story (beyond 3rd Sea). Doesnt mean that its impossible for GN to come up here, but I dont think itll be the main focus in the main story until much later.

Vetex said that the main theme for this part of the story is war. MC and the others might be more focused on getting allies at this section. (GN could become the focus for a short while if theyre after the gang after King Calvus’ death… but I dont think it’ll be a deep dive into GN itself)

The game reveals that a pirate coalition is forming in the far south. All the other kingdoms are in the south of Bronze Sea. That means the further south, the further the sea is in the progression. And this pirate coalition called their territory “Corsair Country” and they have declared war on the Grand Navy.

Steleus, a Powerful Mage in Sailor’s Lodge, will be looking for ANCIENT Magic Scrolls in Corsair Country. And knowing that its all happening in the far south, then thats probably 4th or 5th Sea. If you want my opinion, I think it’s the 5th Sea.

Vetex has said that the player will be doing both good and bad things, being more neutral in the eyes of those around them. And considering the little signs abt GN possibly being associated with the Order… something tells me we’re gonna be helping a Pirate Uprising lmao. This could be reusing a concept Vetex wanted to use in AA when it comes to AG (those guys were totally corrupt, no way Vetex had no plans for AA MC to fight them). So yeah, there’s probably an entire Sea for the bad reps.

It makes sense GN is near endgame since GN literally has the highest influence over the entire War Sea. If they’re associated with the Order, they’ll be the highest contributor to influence and power. Makes sense you want to leave that near the end.

And it also does leave room to delve into the topic of morals and justice. GN is an enforcer of justice in the War Sea, and then there’s our MC who’s main characteristic so far is their sense of justice, and Vetex has implied that they would even have moral dilemmas.

GN is big, though not so big to leave it for the final sea imo where we’re fighting the final boss or whatever.

8 Likes

I’ve seen it and it looks like shell island.

Now we’re getting somewhere.

1 Like

it has begun.

Given it’s the first leaked new area, could this potentially be the first story island in the Nimbus Sea?

looks sorta like the jaws at a glance