Nimbus Sea & Easter Patch Notes (Discussion Thread)

the awesome story progression of losing access to our lost spells. so cool

our character canonically hit their head after the return to warren quest and got memory loss again

1 Like

yeah but only if they are hybrids

this encapsulates my thoughts perfectly
132 seems cheap when 135 unlocks so much more with just a 3 level difference

Going to Level 132 equates to 14 Stat Points, compared to 20 from 135.

Hope y’all went with 150/100 builds or have an Acrimony on standby.

Either way warlocks are losing atleast one ability even if they went 150/100

And i feel bad for the 100/150 conjurers (my main file :sob:)

132 wouldn’t be cheap if we weren’t also having abilities removed from us. Fluect has a good point that the level cap is to reflect story progression, it’s not just for the sake of giving us new stuff. But I feel like that point isn’t applicable here, since this is a unique instance where we’re actually losing stuff without any compensation. The fact that everyone except pure builds is losing more than they’re gaining is what makes the “First update to increase the level cap” selling point feel so underhanded.

Level 132 would have been enough for Savants to get 150 points in a single stat, which would have made Focus, Aura, and the second skills on Elius’ weapons potentially available. But that’s not happening either, because Savants won’t be able to invest more than 40% after this update. If the balance doc goes through, that will be changed to 50%. But that still means Savants will only be able to invest 132 points into a single stat, which is less than before, 149.

Even Savants are getting their things taken away.

we simply got too powerful and vetex decided to nerf us all

:sob:
What’s making us too powerful for our level is the armor, not the attacks

Game got a little too fun and they had to reel it back

Now that I think about it, will Savants with more than 125 points in a stat have their build retroactively changed or will it stay the same?

Can’t wait for ultimate art leap :hugs: and no more second magic javelin :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: (idk if mage requirement will be decrease ngl)

Truly an update of all time

Like I didn’t use Javelin all that much on my Warlock (150s/100m) but my Plasma Conjurer (150w/100m) is actually getting fucked over, I used Javelin a ton on that file

Oh shoot I completely forgot about that. You’re right, even MAGES are losing something, unless the 2nd magic stat req change from the balance doc makes it in.

Berserker is really the only build with a net gain here :sob:

It’s actually crazy, we went from the update (potentially) granting 2nd magic pulsar, surge, to now losing abilities

Also isn’t berserker losing 2nd style Axe/Selino? They aren’t getting that back for a while…

Vetex still have time to make story progression and raise level cap (I know he said that level cap is gonna be 132 this update lemme hope)

No because 2nd fighting style requirements aren’t as high as 2nd magic requirements. This was done to balance out the fact that base techniques have higher reqs than base spells, but consequently it resulted in berserkers getting 2nd style rare techniques before mages get their equivalent 2nd magic rare spells.

When everything except berserker gets fucked over by the Nimbus update

Didn’t he say he’d try to round it out to a nice number every update?

Hopefully he hears us, and just rounds up to 135, or 140 (but probably 135) so that bare minimum mages can keep javelin, and we dont lose things with this update.

(I can hope be quiet)

I would honestly prefer if he made it 130 just so the number ends in a 0

Why not increase after we actually can obtain those spells this is dumb