Nimbus Sea & Easter Patch Notes (Discussion Thread)

People seems to sleep on these atlantean weapons affinities

Atlantean Spear: Damage 0.95x, Size 1.2x, Speed 1.05x
Atlantean Bow: Damage 0.925x, Size 1.2x, Speed 1.05x
Atlantean Greatsword: Damage 1.1x, Size 0.8x, Speed 1.1x
Atlantean Claws: Damage 0.925x, Size 1.2x, Speed 1.05x
Atlantean Mace: Damage 1.15x, Size 0.95x, Speed 1x
Atlantean Cutlass: Damage 0.925x, Size 1.2x, Speed 1.05x
Atlantean Rapier: Damage 0.95x, Size 1x, Speed 1.1x
Atlantean Shield: Damage 0.9x, Size 1x, Speed 1.1x

the thing is when you just list out their numbers like this we have literally no basis for what they mean because we have nothing to compare it to in this list

Maybe to this laughing stock?

• Sunken Sword: Damage 1x, Size 0.85x, Speed 1.1x

At this point SS is getting carried by Rising Tide alone

wdym laughing stock, sunken sword deals more damage and is faster than most atlantean weapons, plus it inflicts soaked which is huge

like compare:
Atlantean Cutlass: Damage 0.925x, Size 1.2x, Speed 1.05x

to:
Sunken Sword: Damage 1x, Size 0.85x, Speed 1.1x

it might be smaller by 0.35, but it’s faster by 0.05x and does 0.75x more damage. when skill starts to increase, speed and damage are much more valuable than size

Because the only thing that carries Sunken Sword with that affinity is mobility of rising tide, that’s all

no??? that affinity is great idk what you on about

both rising tide and flying phoenix on sunken sword are pretty great
but I do think it deserves a bit more size than 0.85

Rising tide clashbox, seemingly the main thing that made it so good, is getting nerfed, and on top of this, simply compare it to other sword weapons.
So basicly on top rising tide clash nerf, you lose the size of potential blocking.

While Sunken Staff gets perfect affinities for its skill
Sunken Staff: Damage 1x, Size 1.25x, Speed 0.85x
Slower it is, the more “pulsar” will hit

Oh and uh…whole balance cord is crying.

Tbh, sunken sword is still good, rising tide is best mobility option, but its got nerfed by itself + got under unrelated nerfs

Wasn’t the proposed change on the doc 1.25 spd 0.85 size? LOL

yep

fast magics already only have 50% efficiency

Is it a problem that ive sunk a good amount of time in AO and I dont know what these number changes do/mean… The only one I paid attention too was the “Reduced damage scaling for surge by 90%”!

not really, most people don’t need to understand it unless they’re pvpheads and metamancers trying to figure out the path of least resistance to getting player kills

Oh! Okay, so these giant list of number changes arent the biggest thing? I am what people call a “Pve demon”

Most of the balancing changes are aimed at balancing the PvP aspect, so if you’re mostly PvE it’s not going to affect you so much

i thought this was like a new weapon for AO LOLLLL

Oki sweet…! Im safe this update, thank you all.

nobody is safe this update
you might be safe from this feature, but that’s nothing compared to the armour changes