Nimbus Sea & Easter Patch Notes (Discussion Thread)

Legendary Weapon Idea: Dark Sea Sunken Sword, staff, and armor set! Fish 100k times or buy for 100 real dollars

I honestly dont understand the system as well,
i thought that there are “points”

• rare- 1 point
  • exoitc - 2
  • legendary - 3

and those points can be spent on either unique skill or status effect.
EG Atlantean rare stuff have status effects while something like Sunken Sword or Vindicator have unique moves.

But it all fall apart when we look at Triasta which has both effect and skill, while Elius stuff has nothing.

What points are you even talking about?

its my theoretical idea of how i THOUGHT weapon rarities worked, but it was proven wrong by Elius and Calvus weapons.
Please read what i typed so you can get on my wave.

Hypothetical points or power weight of each weapon, that devs use to balance weapons based on their rarity. It is used in some games, and he thought it might have been used in this game.

hmm…i see.

Rare weps seem like they’re supposed to have something unique at the least.

• Sunken Sword and Staff (Rising Tide and Furry of the Seas)
  • Trista (Ethereal Flash and Charred )
  • Vindicator (Crushing Judgement)
  • Lion’s Halberd (Seismic Slash)

Elius weps are currently the outlier and exception to this “rule” for rare weps so far.
(With Lance of Loyalty as well i guess . . Unless Counter is unique to it. .?)

Most Rare weps seem to follow:

• At least one unique attribute
    • Be it a skill, status effect, or both
(It's also in part why the 2-4 3rd wep skills or 2 new rare weps poll got a bit of pushback. )
1 Like

I neva asked for thiss!! but I’ll keep using it even if it gets nerfed cuz I only picked it for the pink colour

(Rising Tide and Furry of the Seas)

OwO

I was so focused on making sure i spelled the other ability names. .

Gosh dang it.

pretty sure stormcaller has storm of arrows instead of rain of arrows, unless that’s just a name change idk
but yea hopefully shit like thunderspear get something to make them worth using when more skills drop (not scims ofc its alr busted without anything unique :sob:)

1 Like

Just a name change.

I believe storm of arrows is ever so slightly different from rain of arrows, but it’s mostly the same yeah.

Storm of arrows:

its not just a name change, the entire skill is much bigger than rain of arrows

I think we also keep forgetting that initially all of Elius’ weapons HAD a unique skill, but this was cut down to only one (which I forgot the reasoning for, but it was likely due to pvp), and since we don’t have those on the scimitars or the spear, it means that the bow is the one with the unique skill

You guys took my words a bit, too literally . . But that’s on me for not extrapolating fully.

I guess Stormcaller can be argued - albeit a rather weak one - to be following the, “At least one unique skill, status effect, or both” approach/“rule” to Rare Weps.

I honestly cannot help but view it as an attempt to be a “Unique Skill” by sheer technicality than functionality.

But Thunderspear, Scimitars, and Lance of Loyalty - again unless counter is solely unique to it - are still outliers to this approach for now i guess.

Also the global defense buff is in.

FotS could apply potion effects?