Nimbus Sea & Easter Patch Notes (Discussion Thread)

Im pretty certain that a lot of the story elements and lore that AO will reveal were carried over from WoM. With the ending and final boss being one of those things.
(I knew since both WoM and AO final boss has the exact same description, both being the most ancient and powerful threat in the world, and Vetex in 2019 said that it was sealed and unsealed throughtout history)

I think the lore about the War of the Gods were carried over too, as even back then, Tech revealed that the Gods werent exactly “good”, and being compared to one is not really a good thing. We were supposed to see why in WoM’s story.

The existence of Creation was even mentioned in 2019, when it only got revealed here now. When the 11 Unknowns were canon, it was said the one who created the Universe was mentioned to be the 2nd Unknown.

Yeah, Im pretty sure AO’s lore is basically borrowed from the original plans for WoM. Though certain parts may be scrapped, like the 11 Unknowns. A lot seem intact tho.

3 Likes

it does make sense, with the dark sea ghost dialogue about the spirit weapons
also them doing some human experimentation using curses
and the gods basically always using humans to get what they want

1 Like

Sadly, for humans in the War Seas, theyre slowly becoming the very thing they were once sworn enemies to…

Its a really interesting thing abt the War, really… (well, if this the route theyre taking)

Gods were against humanity using magic, so the humans in the war fought for the freedom of magic (at least, that was the motive of Arthur), but we see that both are flawed. Gods were wrong with what they did to humanity, but humanity having all this magic and power led to them eventually becoming no different from the Gods themselves.

I mean, the Gods used to experiment of humans, right? And now look at humanity, literally experimenting on their descendants… what is the difference? We’re basically seeing a repeat of it all.

I’d like to see this explored~

2 Likes

While we are on topic.
I have that head-cannon thingy about god’s gifts. We know that “Fire” was the gift of magic, but have you ever thought what vitality gift would look like?

While searching for some lore stuff for my OC i came upon “Ambrosia and Nectar”

Its basicly god-food that gave everyone immortality and health. I came upon it while reading
description for the House of Artreus.
To sum up, Tantalus, was mortal warrior who was praised by warriors and was the person who gods invited over to their table on Olympus, and the guy once stole it from the gods.

Would be cool if the reason why we never really got the gift of Vitality, is because someone before already stole it, making gods not trust humans at all. And those “god blood” people like us in AO, are somehow connected to Tantalus, who stole Ambrosia and Nectar

yay call of the adventure is goated btw I wonder what the background is gonna be

What the Title Screen background will be?
  • Sameria
  • Drakos Arch
  • Pirate Island
  • Sea with all islands behind
  • Dawn Island (same as before Dark Sea Update)
0 voters

it has been 3 hours since last reply on this thread
this thread is SOOO DEAD!!!

bros necroing after 3 hours, mods ban him

1 Like

has anyone gotten banned for necroing

No clue, I don’t think so though

Can I join the order and experimemt on people?

no i think, it isnt against the laws or anything, just annoying ( not me tho, its funny as fck )

Isnt Lance getting 1.05 DMG 1.3 SIZ for just -0.2 SPD? Will the shining cycle startup nerf actually balance it out?

time to be the first

it is pretty funny ngl

i necroed that bikini argos drawing once, some people werent happy about that

I would love to see the title screen change depending on the user’s place in the story (starts out as dawn island, once they reach the Nimbus Sea it shows Sameria, etc.)

Do it again I never saw it

yay