Noble Thunderspear is ridiculously outclassed

also where did the idea that all testers submit / contribute to balance changes come from?

as a past dev I definitely wouldn’t have my testers balancing the entire game by themselves as a role obligation. your job is to test the game and report your findings, if you want to help balance, sure, that’s more work you can take on if you want

1 Like

Is it not apart of the role to make suggestions relating to balancing regardless of practical implications? Or am i misunderstanding?

Not referring to a single individual

as far as I’m aware, no.

I understand why it feels like most testers should be balancers because they play the game a lot on average, but remember that just playing a game a lot doesn’t mean you’ll give good changes. You’re just slightly more likely to give not total bullshit ones

This is even more so for testers that don’t really PvP

This is an important discussion. Myself and it seems plenty of others have kinda assumed them to be the ones to make suggestions. Or atleast act as a filter for good or bad ones

ngl the argument “it’s just one tester” is pretty bad because 1 faulty factor can usually end up making the whole thing look bad as a whole

imagine it like a machine and having a faulty part that ruins the whole thing.

maybe I’m blowing this way out of proportion but that’s kinda how this thing works in my head.

it’s not a completely invalid argument but it’s not applicable here, the proportion is out of scale by magnitudes

this is like if you called AO’s entire playerbase toxic if you saw like 3 people being toxic in #general.

I mean…

:fr:

just saying…

I think it’d be neat if Noble Thunderspear had a modified spear throw that:

• has a greater AoE and vfx similar to when Elius uses it
  • deals damage in the path it took after it lands as a beam of lightning, similar to how Elius follows it up with a beam after throwing his spear

All I’ve seen in this thread is contention when y’all could’ve just been suggesting ideas to make it better.

1 Like

sanguine throw

you know this is probably a terrible idea but why don’t we just make the noble thunderspear have movement hindering properties reminiscent of paralysis.

I mean it’s a thunderspear so it would only make sense it works like some kind of stunning based weapon.

maybe every time you throw it and it impales the target, it weakens their jump height and dash distance a little? stacking up until it reaches some kind of cap?

this doesn’t exactly fix spear type weapons in general, but it does help give the thunderspear some sort of usage, and a unique property that makes it worth using over a normal spear.

Like most boss weapons with the same skills isn’t the thunder spear gonna get more skills at some point?

We had like under a week to test it, couldn’t deliver it to ourselves, and vetex misread the change we proposed so it didnt even matter.

Not every tester is part of the balancing team, so stop hating on stuff when you dont know what you’re talking about.

1 Like

recipe for silly :pensive:

Pole v2 flashbacks

1 Like

I assume a movement hindering feature is far too broken in a game like AO

I mean its not too far of a stretch simply because movement hindering effects are commonplace and are being buffed and added even in the very next update according to the balance sheet

oh well then I don’t see why noble thunderspear shouldn’t get lightning based stun stuff

1 Like