Noble Thunderspear is ridiculously outclassed

pokey stick taser

Triasta will be getting charred which has stun potential, and sunken has soaked as well. So maybe something similar

elemental weapons yessir

I await the day we get a crystal morningstar

the v1.12 balancing changes in question:

to the topic at hand, yeah spears are underwhelming, but itā€™s not gonna stop me from using them regardless of their state

balls

i expected for a 1/35 drop from a boss to be good

using that logic, literally every single item found in chests has to be op cuz its hard to specifically find one among others

true, but i guess iā€™m just saying iā€™d prefer if upgraded weapons that arenā€™t triasta and sunken to be unique

These weapons arenā€™t unique and arenā€™t going to be until they get their special abilities down the line. None of the boss or miniboss drops are. Sanguine isnā€™t unique at all from a normal Dagger until it gets Sanguine Storm. Lance of Loyalty isnā€™t any different than a typical Rapier until it gets Ardent Rise. We donā€™t even know if some of these weapons will ever be unique compared to their normal counterparts, such as Kaiā€™s Sabre.

The point of these weapons isnā€™t that theyā€™re supposed to play much differently than their normal counterparts, or that they give an insane stat boost. They can be upgraded further for more damage, and are going to have one unique ability (or in Poison-Tooth Daggerā€™s case, a unique property) and nothing else.

Spear being a dogshit weapon type means Noble Thunderspear is never going to be worth your time. When it gets more abilities down the line, it might be worthwhile, but for now it can sit with all the Swords, Cutlasses, Tridents, Greathammers, Hammers, Maces, Morning Stars, Clubs, and other Spears in the ā€˜utterly uselessā€™ tier.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.