Non-canon magic ideas

It was, actually, since on the trello there’s a specific line saying primordial magic was given to a “few lucky humans” as “gifts from the gods.” Ican’t take a screenshot rn but you could probably see for yourself

again, you are arguing in semantics and assumptions rather than concrete evidence and established mythos. nothing you have quoted indicates strictly that it was Specially Selected™ who was to receive the gifts other than the use of plurals. it’s a general phrase. that’s like saying a king’s “gift to his people” (say literacy in the case of King Sejong of Korea) was specifically selected only to certain people when being intented for the greater benefit of all people (or at least that it didn’t matter who received it so long as a lot of people did)

But it says on the official trello that it was given by the gods to some lucky people, which isn’t me just going off vague descriptions since it explicitly says as such?

this in and of itself states it’s based on luck and not some relation that would grant them access to special magics immediately

and again i remind you that literally nobody used magic the way we currently do in arcane

Yeah, I didn’t contradict that.

I never implied this.

yes you did, actually. that’s what “select individuals” means if you didn’t know

also you did inply that Death and primordials were intentionally given to humans, while also saying that specific people were given magic which, forgive my assumptions, seemed particularly tied in your statements

It also explicitly says that it was given to certain people, primordial magic is probably different from the regular magic Prometheus gave humans

where did it say certain people, it was based on luck and nothing more (aka not selection)

Primordial ≠ Primitive Magic and Prometheus gave us Primitive Magic, which behaved entirely differently than Magic with circles

ok grammar mistake

Well ok, but primordial magic was given as gifts to certain people. You can’t assume just by “gifts to certain people” that it would be a certain relation that would give said people magic. And no, I’m only saying that primordial magic was given to certain people, I’m not denying that magic itself (at least regular magic) was given to most people at first by Prometheus

That wasn’t the exact wording as I’m the trello, but it did say specifically “some lucky people”, so I can still some “certain people” when referring to said lucky people in general. I also never intentionally meant to imply that it was “special selection”, but that it was simply given by the gods to some people (which, again, isn’t me trying to imply it was preselected people)

while this is true of a general level, you still use it in a way that implies specific selection of a people

and i’m saying you have literally zero basis for any of this and it’s so impeccably unlikely because of how inconceivably bad of an idea that is to Prometheus’ motives of gaining power for himself. his name literally means foresight so i would think he wouldn’t make such a dumb mistake

okay, but you’re mixing these two up a lot because, no offense, but you use them like they’re interchangable lore-wise by stating that Prometheus gifted Primordial instead of Primitive Magic when those are two vastly different things that need specific and clear distinction and clarification

Then it probably wasn’t Prometheus who gave the “lucky people” primordial magic, which makes just a lot more sense

ok fair

this whole thread argument be confusing af tho

except we know that Prometheus gave humans magic for a fact as it was stated by name and he was literally the only god/titan/godly being to benefit from it when not a single other did so they would have less than zero reason not to do such a thing. most every god is dead at this point and the gods aren’t in charge anymore, nor are any titans

not really imo, but a lot of people are really reckless with their nouns/wording and are unaware to their actual meanings or specific terms

i would prefer not being called illiterate (seriously, i hear a lot worse)

In the Arcane lore timeline, it was Prometheus that first gave humans magic, before then saying that aurem = magic power (as in that humans would get magic power). Some gods died on the raid of Mount Olympus by Cursebeard. (Note: in the lore doc, it explicitly says that “some gods” from Mount Olympus alongside Prometheus perished. It’s likely that there’s still gods out there, especially when you consider that Poseidon, an Olympian, only died much later in the battle against Durza

didn’t even say that, just said terminology and phrasing is tough

no it doesn’t, this is from the lore doc itself and it only increases their power instead of granting them the ability of magic. aurem = increased magic power

never said all gods were dead, i only said the world wasn’t ruled by them anymore because it isn’t and hasnct been since Prometheus overthrew them. simply put, they are no longer dominant over humans

that’s why I said “magic power”, I said aurem = magic power as in that aurem could guarantee you some more magic power but whatever

I never tried to imply that you said that all gods were dead, only that you said most were. That’s why I quoted the doc to say that it said that “some gods” were dead

guarantee if they already have magic, but not give or grant

not exactly sure how this ties to Prometheus or some god kfoe whatever reason you can produce) granting them Primordial magic intentionally

and i already know this so why bring it up if it isn’t really relevant

You tried implying that I said that you said that all gods were dead, which wasn’t true.

wot? I was trying to say that aurem could “gaurantee more magic power” in the simplest way possible without saying it in a way thats “um well akshually humans burnt aurem for Prometheus so he gave himself and human power :nerd_face:

how is any of this relevant to what you’re trying to say? speak bluntly and clearly because i already know why people burned aurem, which i feel should have been assumed given my actual attention to detail and lore