Ok here me out here me out.. Space magic

overview:

it’s the magic with limitless size (metaphorically speaking), with a whopping 2.0x attack size (cuz space is infinite), has a 1.20 damage multiplier and has a side effect called “Anti-Gravity”.

Anti-gravity is a side effect that causes a player to lose control of their movement speed and attack speed, basically your speed goes from 1 to -100 when hit, this side effect also causes the player to suffer from suffocation, and they lose air very soon (I’m basically taking basic logic about space and putting it into this side effect, except for the dark void of space).

while this magic may seem like the most OP magic ever, it is only obtainable through the insanity 3-5 range in the dark sea in extremely specific circumstances, chances of getting it is also 1 in 10,000, it can also be received through mutations (if Vetex still wants to use those) it is also extremely slow, this is because of the side effect, space has no gravity, therefore the magic spells struggle to catch up with a sprinting player (if I had to rate the speed out of 10, I’d give it a 1.6).

it’s best combined with light, shadow, lightning, explosion and fire (fire and explosion cuz stars in space go boom and space is filled with gases)

Lore (cuz I suck at lore, skip if you don’t wanna cringe):

ever since mutations became a thing, people from across the seas have been experimenting with different magic combinations, Lightning with Aether, explosion with metal (AKA grenade magic), and so on. but the first user of space magic was Leo Corvus, a young shadow Mage with big dreams of going down in history. one day, he decided to mutate his two magics shadow and sun, and he created Space magic, it has immense power and attack size, but lacks in speed. Leo experiments with different types of armor, different casting styles, and he even went to the fucking dark sea to talk to Atlanteans (this takes place 400 years before the AO and AA storyline btw in the seventh seas). eventually, Leo found out that he could slow down his enemies too, so he decided to lower his defense and increase his offense, by increasing his attack speed and agility through training (climbing up and down mountains, Jewelcrafting, etc). 5 years later, Leo becomes power hungry, wanting more power, he mutated his magic further, combining all his spells together. as time goes by, not only does Leo seem exhausted after just taking one step, he starts aging, 20 years old, 30 years old, 50, 60, 70, he can’t stop it, he realized he went too far (about fucking time), and in his dying moments, Leo writes a letter and sends it off into the dark sea for the future generations to find, hoping someone will find it and guard it with their life. then, on December 25th, 1437, Leo Corvus passes away, at age 35. then 417 years later, some dipshit with no life finds it after 2395 hours of suffering insanity 6 in the dark sea.

Vetex… please add mutations to AO, magic scrolls are nice but… mutations are cool too.

aight peace out boys ima go sleep.

1 Like
  1. Suggestion outside of suggestions 2. Vetex doesn’t take magic suggestions last I checked
2 Likes

so it immobilises you on every hit and applies dot with an insane size and damage multiplier?

also wdym space has no gravity, space literally is gravity, or the other way around maybe

what no

idk, makes it seem like gravity is space

2 Likes

nah too overpowered lorewise and gameplaywise

Space isn’t gravity.
Gravity is its own force or whatever you want to call it dictated by the mass of objects.

There is a very clear distinction between space and gravity.

1 Like

i failed most of my physics tests but im pretty sure gravity is a force generates by everything with a mass

space is… space, its the “around us” and as such technically has no mass, and thus no gravity

i never even heard anyone saying gravity is the same thing as space tbh ( i mean, if by space you mean the outer space then ig you can connect it with gravity like how the dev of elemental battleground did it )

I always viewed it as nothing or as a void ig

no, by space i mean like the fabric of space, not outerspace with stars and stuff

and it says it again in another article

This idea is so unbelievably garbage that people can’t even defend it and created a different topic argue about instead

1 Like

well you’re technically not wrong, most of the outer space is just straight up nothingness after all ( or maybe its filled with dark energy… but lets leave that discussion for another day and another when )

1 Like

oh no its just so damn long and im too sleepy to bother reading it (sorry if you’re reading this op)

Don’t worry when you wake up tomorrow just ignore this suggestion, permadeath is unironically better for the game than this

i do recall gravity affecting spacetime yeah, never heard anyone describing space and gravity as the same tho

not really the same i think, just that gravity is the effect of curved spacetime or something

btw isn’t sun already a mutation, how did they mutate it again?

bro got sun and lunar → space :sob:

someone should make a lunar sun build if those two magics are made, sounds cool

there was a concept called super mutation, but it was just an idea so not canon

if this post is stating that space magic is a sun mutation, then thats mean its a violation of the lore

a violation of the lore… is a threat to me as a Glyph Keeper

this fool must be beheaded and his corpse be hanged to make an example for the all would-be heretics.