Ok scenario time

All currently active forummers are teleported to an oddly specific version of the hunger games.

The rules are simple -
Every rule of the hunger games applies, no stepping off the podium early, last one standing wins, etc, etc.

Each forummer gets to choose a magic (Base, lost or ancient):

• All magics are decently balanced in terms of statistics, only the special effects are different.
  • No using magic in the first day
  • No using magic to get of the podium early
  • No flying

We all know that we are forummers, but we are not allowed to tell anyone our

• Forum usernames
  • Discord usernames
  • Roblox usernames
  • WoM names
  • Any clan we are part of

This is to stop clans from teaming

What magic do you all choose and what is your strategy?
Let the Arcane Hunger Games begin!

Updated Rules:
No melting the snow
Life magic is banned
Curses are banned
Getting kills on anything gives xp just to add excitement

Also here’s the map. good luck staying warm at night.

10 Likes

Apocalypse Bringer

My strategy would be to wait for people to pick one another off and I’d just 3rd party if I think the win is easy enough. Slowly but surely is my goal. Pretty much just it. Don’t know know enough about any of this to think further. Just play it safe and hope for the best while using the only good magic available.

Phoenix magic. Its hot and not to powerful. I can use it to start a fire that doesn’t produce smoke and so I can boil water or cook food.
My strategy for play style is when the game begins run to the cornucopia’s edge grab a bag and then run out of the cornucopia.

also take a defensive strategy. Spying on people but not trying to be an aggressor. Knowing your enemy is very useful. Also if I can figure out their magic I can design srategies.

2 Likes

I’d probably choose Water magic.

I’d camp out the first day, and use my water magic to survive until I can find a food source.
(nobody said anything about water magic being toxic so I assume its not and I survive)
If someone else finds me and tries to kill me, I’ll use my water magic to escape(you have no idea how powerful water is), which should be easy considering water can be strong enough to flip the average man off of their feet.

Life pretty easy choice. People will want to form an alliance with me and i will have an access to food in that case. Once i have enough food to leave i steal it and run for my life. Since life is absurdly powerful, i dont really have to worry much about injuries and simply ghost through the entire game untill the rest kill eachother or starve to death

The second best choice is light (assuming i can manipulate it) and then I don’t have to worry about anyone spotting me

darkness/shadow would work too

Looking at this realistically, i’m a bit of a fatass, so i’m not welladjusted to heavy physical exercise and so would probably be pretty defensive, given this i narrow my choice to either:

Sacrifice magic

using this would mean having my life cut somewhat short, but i’d also make me pretty nonfuckwithable, and could enable me to be agressive nocturnally. – on second thought kinda iffy, since hunting nocturnally would mean sleepin diurnally and that could strain my ally-making potential that i imagine would be very important in this kind of thing, and obviously i’d be vulnerable in the most dangerous period of the day, though even if i were to have teamates to cover my ass there’s no saying if they’d just not kill me in my sleep, specially in the later parts.

or

Gravity magic

this one is way less offensive than the other, and would really only work in a team with slower magics/people, so with this one i’d be the backstabbing bitch… and that’s pretty much my gameplan, if i were to have to fight a 1v1, solo… it’s not a death sentence but i’d be pretty screwed

hear me out on this one

sound magic

during the night time i can sneak towards someone, and blast their ear drums making them unable to hear, and then just stab them or something lmao rest in piss

i could also hypothetically throw a little ball of sound far away from me to distract people that are chasing me.

3 Likes

ok so uh, doesn’t phoenix magic win the game once you live a day? it can straight up heal you AND fuck over anyone against you, though of course life magic pretty much makes you immortal as well

it’s supposed to be balanced, so probably not

but all magic is balanced and pretty similar apart from the properties so removing one of the properties of phoenix magic and removing the whole point of life magic is kind of unfair

fire or inferno magic is capable of cooking food to be safe to consume, then again water magic can be vital for survival as well

I would probably pick fire however and locate some kind of water source to camp nearby

I would try to learn how to use my powers better assuming we’re all inexperienced with these abilities

then I would start cooking meals and get the hang on survival

and then from then on I’m simply on the defensive constantly looking for areas of water and food while making sure nobody messes with me

I would also learn elemental summon spell so I could have some helping hands in combat

on the first day I would simply just start locating water sources and trying to memorize them

survival is crucial and going on the offensive is suicide, it’s all about patience and mental fortitude, and the best way to be prepared is through sufficient eating and training as well as direct access to water

I would try to make my bases in treetops safe from the ground, or inside some kind of cave (blast incinerate whatever is inside first then add a vine door to blend in) but these bases are probably meant to be temporary assuming I’m always on the move looking for safe places to access water and edible animals or berries

anyways pro strategy is to get some survival pack near the edges then fucking book it like you’re running a 1k to get as far from others as possible, as long as you have enough distance you will survive day 1 no matter what since you can go 3 weeks without food and 3 days without water, so you survive unless the people behind the thing decided to send down a “fuck you” scenario, which would enable you to use magic, meaning that if you pick something like life magic, you win!

Life magic, in a survival setting it seems like it would be by far the most useful

from what we know about life magic, you can’t heal yourself :sweat:

That’s healing magic, life is an ancient

isn’t life literally just stronger healing tho?

Yes

so fundamentally it would probably work the same too

Life heals yourself and healing heals your party members
Not sure what isn’t being understood