OK, what curse does this General Akeem guy have?

eye of the storm. the lightning is just cuz storm is made of lightning hence the purple color

1 Like

I guess “eye of the storm” is some English’s steady expression or colloquial metaphor?

It’s just the middle of a storm where the winds aren’t as fast. Although it gets used in metaphors a lot.

Oh, I see now. Thx.

Storms aren’t purple.
You’d assume it’d be gray, or blue if we’re talking about the lightning.
If color is most of everything we have to go off of, we can’t ignore it like that.
Sure, lightning magic has a purple variant, but it’s not the main variant, or the one seen in the wild.
You could cite the dark sea, which is purple, but the dark sea wasn’t around when curses were made.

this is a magic game shit can be whatever color it wants to be

True, but why? No storms in AO are purple, not even one, and that’s only accounting for storms inside the game. Once again, discounting Dark Sea because it’s unnatural.

Ok the entire dark sea is covered in storms made of magic, so why wouldn’t storm magic, which is storms made of magic energy, not also be purple? Also the magic doesn’t mimic its name, people named fire magic fire magic. So there’s no reason a magic similar to a storm has to copy every aspect of a storm

1 Like

lightning can be all sorts of colours in the wild

and purple fits as a stormy colour, it can be similar to dark storm clouds

1 Like

Not the real wild, the AO wild. But you do make a point.

You may have a point, I’m not convinced myself, though.
I’d like to mention also that Lightning itself seems to be more of an electricity magic, but it was named during a period with less understanding of electricity.

True they might not know what electricity is, but they understand electrons, plasma, specific metal alloys such as pyrite, and some other things certainly not common knowledge that exist in the technological period ao takes place (not time period, as technology seems to advance slower when 40% of all problems can be solved with either “magic blast” or “life blast”) so lightning specifically being lightning is probably true, I also don’t think vetex looked that far into it that people would falsely name a magic due to technological progress.

ao is just our world but if prometheus gave people magic instead of fire

Well, lightning is a very much older magic than those others. Electron and Plasma probably weren’t discovered until long after Lightning

True, but still, I don’t think vetex looked into it that hard. Also there’s not really any significance that has other than “actually the colors DONT make sense”

i asked for a purple lost magic (well, technically one similar to moonlight) and tech said storm

the curse user can use whatever variation of their curse as they wish

Oh.

Then why don’t any of them?

I mean we’ve seen a total of 2 curses, possibly 3 if you count Warren as having the inferno curse, be used on screen and none of them actually have variations. Time will tell I guess :person_shrugging: