One million

Many men failed to slay him.
They stood dead at the “champions” feet. Lifeless.
Unbeknownst to him, his victory was a cryptic message in disguise.
Nobody will ever beat him. He will stay at the top, forever!
“I am Sandal! I am… LEGENDARY!”, he shouted, at the very top of his lungs.
Vetex had tried to warn him, that this was a curse. However, he couldn’t see this. All he could see was his victory.

Which was why he was surprised… when a puny child, wielding a small knife, with a shining sword on his back, approached him.

The boy was considered a runt. Set aside by his family, he decided not to settle for a life of farming. He wanted to go on an adventure.
In a failed attempt to join a pirate crew, even as a chore boy, he decided he will find his quest in the forest.

In this forest, he met a man. The man slammed a hammer onto a sword for hours. The boy would watch.
It was night-time now. The man still slammed the hammer onto the sword. The boy was curious. It didn’t seem to be an effective way of sharpening the sword, so why was the man still going? What drove him to keep hammering away?
He could not contain his curiosity. He decided to fall asleep to the sound of two pieces of metal clanging against each other.

The next day, the man was still hammering. The boy snuck back home so he could bring back to the man some cooked meat, however the man simply grunted, and kept on hammering.

However, something changed within the man’s eyes, and he stopped.

“Behold… the sword to slay the man of a million…”, said the man, wielding the sword with one arm into the sky.

Then, he began swinging. He swang in one direction, for an unknown amount of time.
The boy couldn’t bring himself to ask why. He didn’t even know what he saw in this man, that he wanted to find out what he would do next.

27 days had passed. The man continued to swing. The mans swings were so powerful that with each full swing, he created a gust of wind. By the 27th day, there was a small crater around the man, made from cuts and swings.

At this time, the village was stirring. Pirates.
Although, this time, they were not peaceful.

“He’s here… but I am not ready…!”, said the man.
“I… I have to protect them.”, the man muttered. He walked in the direction of the docks. The boy was dumbstruck! One man, against many pirates? Pirates are rarely few, after all. And the man looked malnourished, and although you could see his muscles, you could also see his tattered clothing.

The boy couldn’t help watching the man die alone. He picked up a sharp rock, and followed the man. Maybe he’ll be able to win!
However, the man was too fast, and made it to the docks before the boy could. To his surprise, many of the pirates were dead.

In fact, all of them. Except for one.

One million.

“Pfft… HAHAHAHAHAHA!”, said Sandal. He couldn’t contain his laughter.

“AHAHAHAHAHA! OH… Hehehe… Boy. What do you think you will do with that small sword?”, said Sandal.

“I will slay you, the man of one million.”, said the boy.

“I will remove your head from your body, to avenge the man!”, yelled the boy, swinging his knife towards Sandal.

Sandal simply stood and looked down on the boy, who was helplessly swinging a puny knife at Sandals skin, which was harder than the hardest material you might ever be able to dream of.

Something had caught Sandals eye.

“Hmm…? What’s this?”, said Sandal, picking the boy up by the neck, and looking at the sword on his back.

“Heheh… you would do much better with a fine weapon such as this.”, sneered Sandal. However, the boy spat on his face and tried to stab his knife into Sandals eye, but it broke at the contact of his face. Sandal proceeded to throw him away like a small dog.

“You stupid brat! I was prepared to spare you, but this act of disrespect… I doubt I can overlook it! Look around you, foolish boy. Hundreds of thousands of warriors, more capable than you have tried what you have attempted thus far. You will die in vain!”, roared Sandal, in a fit of rage. In fact, Sandal was so angry that he didn’t notice that the boy had shoved the shining sword in his thigh.

“ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!”, screeched Sandal, writhing in pain.

The boy did not let this chance slip. He swung the sword again, at Sandals neck this time. Sandal put a bit of effort into his swing, and punched the boy in the stomach, sending him far away.

“I hate to admit it, but a little runt like you came closer to killing me than the rest of these weaklings. That sword… is dangerous. I might add it’s somewhat familiar. Where have I seen that sword before…?”, said Sandal, looking at the weapon in the boys hand. He couldn’t help but notice that the boy managed to keep a grip on the sword, even swing it, with his runt-like appearance.

The boy could not move. He could tell something had broken. It was a miracle he was even alive.
Sandal healed himself with one of his magic.

“Your tenacity is dangerous. I must remain a CHAMPION. I will subtract you from this world.”, muttered Sandal, charging up a huge Crystal Magic attack.

However, before he could smite the boy, something had teleported said boy away from the area. It seems the boy has survived.

“…What?”, said Sandal.

“Who is there? Show yourself! Why can’t I sense you!?!”, he yelled. He frantically looked around, but did not see anyone.
“The sword… the boy has the sword…!”

Nobody knows where the boy went. Some say he trains to defeat Sandal, others say he DID die that day, and was sent to Forumlands formally.

One million.

sandal is a meme lol

very cool writing tho

yes.

Also, I get this was pretty much not serious, but I think Sandal’s personality is a lot different than portrayed here, TBH.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this was like an alternate version of him or smth caused by Sandal going goofy on the timeline (just my headcanon)

Yeah, but I haven’t figured out how to make a “goofy” character in an AO/WOM storyline.
I didn’t have a problem with it with my earlier stories, though.

fair enough

ngl sandal was hella cocky if he didn’t just blast them super-fast with his magic and decided to instead monologue like a damn super villain

Lets be real here, if YOU had 1,000,000 different kinds of magic, so many that you might not even know all of them, would you at first be intimidated by a child with a knife and a sword?

In fact, if I were Sandal I wouldn’t even think that the kid would have the courage to try and stab me, not talk of swinging a silver sword at me.

bruh why am I a psychopath in this :sob:

Sociopathic narcissistic psychopathic homophobic racist champion.

It’s okay Sandal, it’s not REALLY you.
It’s just a fatherless alternate version of you that went crazy and killed many people, inheriting their magic.

wait a second…

that sounds like durza

mf stole my gimmick that’s not cool >:(

However, Vetex capped the amount of magic they can obtain to 1,000,000. This AU version of you is weaker, though.

wait so does this imply…

I can be the man of infinite infinities??

If Vetex didn’t cap the magic off at 1,000,000, he would have become the next durza.
Then he’d try and fight MU Sandal(main universe)

In a different universe maybe. But your character only has 1,000,000, so…

I’m gonna be real here but if I had 1,000,000 or more magics I’d only use the one that let’s me pass every class and have ramen on demand

also maybe the one that makes my art better :smiling_face_with_tear:

This universes Sandal only gains the magic of the enemies he’s killed. He has killed many of the same magic enemies, who stock piled his magic supply, making it stronger and evolving the magic to something more.

So he probably won’t have any utility magics, almost all of them would be for offense.

If the enemy he killed had the same magic that he had already obtained, but had a special SPELL, he can also inherit that spell.