Operation: Better wiki

lmao where are the ads, ive never seen a single ad on fandom in my life

The constant ads basically force you to make an account in order to properly use it, but that isnā€™t available to some people. For a quick resource for a random roblox game you found, fandom certainly isnā€™t the best option

Does he know

i know youre talking a load of bollocks
zero ads

Open fandom in an incognito tab and try to browse around, donā€™t sign in.

Make sure you donā€™t have an adblocker

I think we should stop arguing now and try to move forward

Argue on the ā€œWiki is Wacky thread,ā€ this threads supposed to be for the actual project

Nah, darkshadow needs to know

ok now there ARE ads but there are some quick easy solutions to this
dont use incognito mode
ignore the ads, they take up a small part of the screen and arent a big deal

The issue is less with that and more the ungodly amount of lag they cause when doing anything

The vast majority of people canā€™t be bothered to make an account, itā€™s just you only see stuff from the people who do. Migrating to a wiki without ads would solve this

i dont have any lag

i dont have an account and i have no issues

the fact of the matter is that switching miraheze would
A. take a ton of effort from the editors who already have a lot on their schedules.
B. might improve quality but in the end itl be a short boom and in the end the sqme people will end up having to maintain it.

PS. we are waiting for a high quality map render from vetex. We already got the nimbus one just waiting on bronze.

1 Like

not everyone has a super computer

not everyone is on a chromebook from 2010 either

let me pull up the wiki on my phone then and see

edit: no lag

i sense a tremendous skill issue hereā€¦

WE are doing this, we arenā€™t recruiting from fandom

Thatā€™s awfully pessimistic of you, itā€™s worth a shot regardless

Lemme just enter my 2 cents on this whole thing

THIS looks official, easy to navigate and it looks pretty nice

THIS (random wiki page i found) looks pretty bland, boring and not really official

If you wanna make a new wiki feel free to im not gonna oppose it, but from my stand point the fandom wiki is fine as it is aside from a bit of misinformation and outdated stuff

I donā€™t see the problem with people completely separate from the fandom making a wiki on a objectively better site, thereā€™s no harm to the wikians from this

Could you complain in the Wiki is Wacky thread, please? This thread is for actual discussion to get the project going. The Wiki discussions and the other thread is where you put your larger arguments