Operation: Better wiki

I’d also love for slightly harsher (and more sane) regulations because the AO wiki is an absolute mess when it comes to that

Time to watch people enthusiastically start doing that, then start arguing and finally completely abandon it

NEW PLAN

We wait until Full release before we start actually making the new wiki.

The estimated time for full release is almost 2/3 of a year away. We’ll spend this time learning Miraheze and what features it has. Once that time is up we will catalogue the info there and make the wiki.

We will not catalogue any info currently because Vetex is planning to revamp the entire game, therefore potentially making any current info obsolete. To avoid this just divert attention to learning how to code the thing in the first place intead of burning ourselves out going through an unfinished game. we would have a long months period to grace as well because of this so use that time to learn as good as possible.

(7-8 months to learn how Miraheze works is a good deal)

We’ll get valuable experience from this whether we fail or lose.

2 Likes

Did we get anything from Vetex yet? Or a wiki staff member?

Why the hell do the fandom people care

It’s not like somehow they are gonna lose their livelihood if traffic is diverted, it quite literally is just another wiki, on a different platform, because we are fed up with the current one. Who gives a shit if it diverts traffic, your wiki has slightly less people on it, big whoop.

I created a wiki discussion for this, and most of them are just complaining and did not give any reason why they dislike our project. Some of them did, but we already explained them on atleast one of our threads

Mmmmmm I sure do love human tribalism

Would’ve liked more stuff here but I already liked too much other anti fandom things and other stuff from different threads

I personally wouldn’t have anything against a non-FANDOM wiki as the moderators that are forced on us are complete morons
But then again, I see so many people in this place that I don’t want that to ever happen

What

What are you saying I honestly can’t tell

could someone sum up whats going on here in 20 words or less (i aint reading 300 messages)

folks want to start another wiki, other folks from fandom aren’t happy about that

Specifically cuz fandom sucks

whats wrong with the one we already have, fandom is fine as a website and you can easily just edit any pages

from what i’ve seen people have different reasons but I personally despise fandom to my core

forum coalition vs fandom wiki group

forum trying to establish new wiki on a diff hosting site called miraheze

fandom wiki is unhappy with attempt at new wiki

ok so ive never heard of this and i just checked it out… it looks like wikipedia
fandom looks much neater and nicer than whatever this is

Is this guy for real

ive used it for years and never had a problem with it
if youre on about the people running it then i can understand the complaints but the website is fine