Operation: Better wiki

“Oh cool I know my way around coding, I’m sure my mastery in two of the most popular coding languages will surely help.”

sees JavaScript

“nvm”

By providing a fresh start, instead of being forced to salvage the hell that is the average fandom wiki

i think you’re giving the wiki a lot less credit than it deserves

1 Like

I agree, but the wiki is still trash

If you want to solve the problem:

• Monitor the wiki where others aren’t doing it.
  • Go back to old pages and fix things that you find wrong.
  • Don’t indirectly take down a chunk of the AO community.

Even if you did migrate to Miraheze, there would be misinformation.

i don’t care fandom is ass

and you think building a completely new one from the ground up then having to monitor and constantly update that new one would be better?

I was thinking that Operation Better Wiki would be better if it focused on making the existing wiki better, but i dont really know

Ngl I’d like to help but I don’t know if I can handle being on a project with you. But assuming I can then.

• we have to learn the platform
  • I’d get some cred boost for making a good wiki
  • no idea if this is true but I heard rb1 was involved with the other wiki so let’s keep him out of it at any costs

This should be fun.

1 Like

Alternatively just do what I do and Ctrl + F

I’m willing to tolerate you for the sake of this

Yeah he started the wiki iirc

Speaking of starting the wiki, from the looks of it and reading the policies, I don’t think a random high schooler is cut out for running this. If anyone in particular wants to volunteer, I’d be happy to assist them in leading the project

I will take on the role of keeping misinformation out of the new wiki, I dont know how to actually make a whole wiki, nor do i have time cause of school

Also for an explanation on why fandom SUCKS, please refer to this video

Can anyone edit the miraheze wiki?

I’m going to have to be blunt though, the chances of you guys being organized enough to moderate and maintain a new wiki is slim. it’s requires a lot of organization and idrk if we can do that

Thats why i was thinking of just helping the old wiki, but if this is succesful, it might be good

The Miraheze wiki has actually 3 pages. I think it would be a better use of time to clean up the main fandom wiki. It already has a solid foundation, it just needs some work. I wouldn’t mind making a solid, coordinated wiki-er group, though.

1 Like

Can’t do that because the owner is inactive and the wiki hasn’t gone long enough without edits to be adopted

This is exactly the issue

To be honest, despite the gripes I have with them, the best person I could think of for actually running this wiki would probably be @SoifonFan74473727720

I know I’m cool and all but keep in mind I’m a college student so I still need to study and stuff.