Operation: Better wiki

Do we need a reason to make it? We have one, but even if we didn’t that wouldn’t prohibit us from creating a resource that’s inherently more utilitarian than a fandom wiki

They have good reason let’s be real, the wiki’s a mess. Ik you dont want to switch, neither do I, but something should be done.

oh, should we inform vetex (and try to get him on our side)

Well the reason is to make a better wiki.

You guys won’t have to worry about it if you get your job done in the half a year time limit you have.

Maybe, although I don’t got an idea as to how we would unless a patron wants to help us

God I wish, like even the Bteam’s spreadsheet has bad info.

Btw how do I flag the obvious rb1 alt that’s here.

Ok, my final decision: I will try to help and fix the existing Wiki. If Mr. HyperSpace’s Idea succeeds, I will try to catch misinformation, whenever I see it. I just want a place for new AO players to get good quality information, and not a fierce battle between Stocksounds and the forums.

Ping a mod I guess?

“@ Misinput can you get the “Roberto” guy to stop react spamming”

Lmao

That’s been happening anyways

Exactly, we don’t need to change the platform, we need to fix the one we have.

@Misinput ban the rb1 alt please.

He changed his name from Roberto to Clyder.

We’re only making it if you guys don’t fix the wiki by the time Full Release comes out.

Just getting a list of grievances to try and make this manageable. Anything else I missed?

1. Update all stat pages so that they use Auto tables.
  2. Make sure all the data on the auto tables is accurate, complete empty equipment.
  3. Add GOOD pictures of all arcanium and strength variant equipment
  4. Add GOOD gifs of every move (Well lit unless light magic, targets a player, no equipment on) and good images of armor sets (Well lit, forward facing, neutral background, no other equipment on)
  5. Kill all misinformation and speculation.

I think the Wiki would be better if Vetex played a role in it. Are there any patrons who can contact him?

And if you do keep speculation then keep it contained and don’t claim it as fact.

Vetex does answer questions from the wiki every now and then, although that’s probably cuz he designated fandom “official”

Unless he changes it, we will be operating off of purely public information

Can we recruit any contributors?

We still don’t know if we’re making it so we should hold off on that for now.

I dunno, I’m not gonna force a patron to unless they wanna, and this isn’t gonna attract the attention of a developer or tester until we’ve really got the ball rolling