[Opinion/Vent] The Planned TGR Update will fail to draw people into playing the game in the long term. Here is why

I have not stated that WoM is currently a dead game. I have stated that it fails to maintain its player count in comparison to it’s peak player count, and the reason being that there is a lack of end game content for players to enjoy.

the games not even done yet what do you expect? (also theres fishing and raising your guilds infamy)

I understand. There isn’t much replayablility right now I can agree with that, but I can see myself exploring for a while in TGR with pvp not being part of the equation. So the stuff that bothers you doesn’t bother me, but we can agree to disagree. Also:

2 weeks is not a long time. That is extremely fast especially if you’re making a game yourself (don’t overwork yourself vetex) So I really would not mind waiting. Previous update times used to be monthly or 1 1/2 months.

All you’ve really said is “pvp sucks cause no abilities” when it’s been confirmed that there will be more abilities

I’ll just quote myself to explain why WoM isn’t getting nearly as much players as it has previously from a general perspective:

I am not bashing the planned updates to how the game will be more storyline driven, but it’s unreasonable to assume that players will be inclined to play the game after they have finished, however with the pace of updates that is planned, I do not believe that they will be frequent enough or add enough content to maintain a high player count and to entertain players at the highest level.

After reaching the highest level on Arcane Adventures at the second sea, a game which Vetex believes to be near perfect, there was practically no update for months that added any considerable content to the game while Vetex worked on the third sea. This was also when the player count of Arcane Adventures dropped massively. My belief is that these two week updates will not be sufficient enough to keep players entertained, and can be almost classified as “filler” updates, and will instead delay the major updates that would actually attract players.

The new update schedule is nearly twice as fast as before bruh. And the big features are being worked on in the background in the “filler” updates.

Don’t know why people complain about this if every magic had it’s own ability the game probably still wouldn’t even be out at this point, there are about 23 magics so it would take forever for vetex to make each ne unique.

I don’t get the point of this to tell truth how does this affect the game in any way.

In AA it was not hard on the grinding aspect if you actually played the game you would know the leveling system was abosulute shit and was very flawed, and that facts ask any AA veteran they would agree,you can literally sit your ass down for 30 min spamming magic dagger and you would reach max level, max magic and max strenght it was incredibly badly flawed and badly made.

Yes lol adding boats would literally revolutionizes guilds wars and combat(which is part of guild wars) in a way we would never imagine. so stop the bullshit.

Lores in game is what attracts and keeps the player interested, without the lore I wouldn’t even be on the forums or playing the game, there are multiple big videos on tiktok explaining lores in different game like among us and getting tones of views and likes bringing attention too the game, lore is something that is very important in the gaming industry which is why every-game has it.

That’s why lost spells exist which would only allow high level players to get. I think your a troll

I believe that the pvp is fine as it is, there are a lot of different stats for armors to fit different play styles, Also the simpleness to the fighting I feel is like a strength of the game in opinion and once fighting styles are added I believe the pvp will be different as long as all fighting styles are balanced so there is no meta for what fighting style to use.

I like your pvp

The purpose of the game is more about the adventure and lore, which is why ARCANE ADVENTURE HAS THE WORD ADVENTURE ITS MORE ABOUT PVE THAN PVP WHICH IS A NEXT REASON WHY THE NEW GAME AS ODYSSEY IN IT IS LITERALLY MORE ABOUT THE LORE. but vetex is still trying to satisfy the pvp aspect

take this for a moment

want to clear this up since i hear this misconception a lot
FE has existed since like 2015 - it just wasn’t mandatory until recently.

Filtering enabled existed when AA was made - vetex just didn’t use it (which is understandable, it was new and difficult and I doubt he expected his game to blow up and last as long as it did).
The issue was that non-FE code is difficult to port over, to the extent that vetex would rather just rewrite the game (which he did) than make AA work with FE.

Same difference :man_shrugging:

See the previous post in regards to “filler updates”.

This is exactly in line with my point with Vetex overcomplicating things between his changes to his games. He adds unnecessary things that may seem cool on paper, but limit the development of the full game.

The PVP system is clearly not a objective for Vetex, and I can see that he has loosened his interest towards this topic with how he has not reinstated much of the prior additions within AA, and would rather change the game’s environment entirely rather than refining upon it, such as in the magical weapons. See below to why I believe PVP should be a focus around an exploration game such as AO.

I agree with this as it is evident in many of Roblox’s games, however I still believe that the game lacks exposure, and many people who would otherwise be interested in it are not aware of the game due to how few people play it and the player fluctuations between updates. For a game such as World of Magic, I can see it appealing to many audiences, such as those who are interested in the Swordburst or World//Zero games, yet they do not play it. Why is this? Because of how they aren’t aware of the game existing. There should be an effort to grow the game to encourage new players to try it. Vetex seems undecided upon what he wishes this game to become, a personal project or a widespread game for many people to enjoy with a variety of content.

Bro you just admitted to venting kinda sus. smh voted.

1 Like

How the fuck can you say PvP is not an objective for vet when he’s literally adding one of the most game changing additions to it in the update that you hail as “Just for lore and environment”. Making abilities not just something you get from leveling up but something you earn by other means is huge, and there’s literally like 30 different ideas for what they can be on the trello.

Mutation was planned in the lore which is what the new magics are (like *plasma,)( the community was asking for something like this for a while now and now we got it, nobody is really complaining except for a few people which there opinions don’t matter at this point

Because that’s not the objective for the game really.

Ik i’m gonna get a flag for this, I can feel it but what happened to cum magic :frcryin: