Part 2 of my little UT/AA crossover

Read Part 1 first: https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/t/little-thing-im-trying-to-write-please-help/
Read Part 3: Part 3 of UT/AA Crossover
LOVE

“Um… what was that about?” Aaron was rather confused. The Guard? Why? What had he done?

“I think you know what that was about, kiddo. Did you leave anyone alive in the Ruins?” This only served to make Aaron even more confused.

“Huh?”

“Stop playing. You know what you did, and so do I, and so will Asgore, in a short while.” Sans laughed, but it wasn’t a pleasant laugh.

“What are you talking about? Can you just tell me what I did?” Aaron was starting to get seriously annoyed by this skeleton. Who knew that dead people could annoy you more badly than any living person had ever done?

“Let’s wait until the Guard is here. Then you’ll find out, and so will they.” Sans said. “And until then…”

Suddenly, bones shot out of the ground around Aaron, trapping him.

Aaron sighed and sat down to wait.

After a while longer, he heard sounds: Sans’ voice, Liz’s voice, and a few others he didn’t recognize. Then the bones just vanished into thin air, only to be replaced by swords. Swords pointed at him. The person who seemed to be the leader, who looked like a cross between a fish and a human, spoke. “So, you’re the one who massacred the Ruins, huh?”

Upon hearing that, Aaron realized what exactly they thought he’d done.

“What??? I didn’t kill—”

“Really, kid? You think I’ll believe that?” Sans chuckled.

“Why do you even think I killed anyone? Have you even checked?”

“Why? I can sense it, that’s why. Though how you got so powerful from just the Ruins, I don’t know…”

“Powerful? You mean…Oh!” Aaron realized that Sans probably could do something similar to what wizards from his world, who could sense how powerful people nearby were. “You think I’m as powerful as I am because I… killed the monsters in the Ruins.”

“So that’s saying that you’re this powerful even though you didn’t ? Sure, I’ll believe that one when I see it.”

Aaron was reaching his frustration limit. “Then go check!”

“Fine.” Sans’ eye glowed brightly, then he vanished.

The fish spoke. “I’m Undyne. The captain of the Royal Guard here. I’ll ask a few questions, and you’ll answer them truthfully. All right?”

“Yeah, all right.”

“Ok. So the first one is, if you didn’t kill anything, why does Sans sense so much LOVE coming from you?”

“Um… what? Love?”

“LOVE. Level of Violence.”

“Oooo-kay. Um… battle training?”

“Battle training. Are you part of some kind of army?”

“My dad is, plus pretty much anyone with magic gets trained to use it.”

“Magic? Show me.”

“All right…step back. Well back.”

Reluctantly, Undyne stepped back, saying “This better not be a trick, or you’ll see my magic.”

“Here goes!”

Aaron summoned a series of massive rock pillars that obliterated anything nearby, then a massive explosion of fire with wind to power it up.

“Whoa.”

Undyne was shocked. Unfortunately, Sans had returned right when Aaron had been casting the explosion—and he hadn’t heard Undyne asking to see it. So, assuming that Aaron was attacking the guards—or him—he summoned a Gaster Blaster and fired at Aaron. Aaron, luckily, managed to block it with an Earth Magic wall in time.

“Sans, stop!” Undyne shouted. “I asked him to show me his magic—he wasn’t attacking us!”

“Oh. Oops. Sorry, kiddo. Looks like I have a lot of apologies to make to ya, huh? ‘Cause it looks like everyone in the Ruins is still alive.” Sans stared at the ground, embarrassed.

“It’s fine.” Aaron laughed.

“All right. But how, then, are you so good? Almost no one can manage to block my attacks, much less create an explosion like the one you created.”

“Seven years of my parents training me, that’s how.”

Undyne remembered something he’d said. “You were saying your dad is in an army?”

“Yeah. Admiral Clark Gates of the Arcane Government.”

“Arcane…Government…that sounds familiar…” Undyne was puzzled. “I’ll have to ask Asgore or Gaster later.”

“Can I come along?” Aaron asked, a bit shyly.

“Sure. Might help to have you there when I ask about the Arcane Government thingy. Sans, are you coming?”

“Yeah.”

Lazarus (cont.)

Valencia’s Home

Valencia groaned. She already had her hands full with trying to take down Alalea while Cursebeard was away; her last attempt had ended in the saboteur she’d sent with Admiral Silas’ contingent being discovered, and the fleet being chased away by Commander Arsen, who she hadn’t expected was remaining. Oh well , she thought. This is what the Arcane Government is here for .

She went to sleep, expecting to wake up, nice and rested and ready for action, the next morning.

She could not possibly have been more wrong.

Barely an hour after Valencia had managed to fall asleep, the doors in her extremely well defended home creaked open and one of Durza’s Undead walked in. The problem was, that one happened to be the Cursebeard.

The first thing Valencia noticed was that she was lying against the wall instead of on her bed. Then she realized that there was a dark figure approaching her. And then the dark figure in question summoned a blood-red lightning bolt and shot it at her.

She grimaced as it scraped her skin, and then grimaced some more as she realized that his person in front of her was either Cursebeard or Durza. Luckily for her (but not by much) it was Cursebeard.

Asgore Dreemurr, King of Monsters

Sans teleported the three of them into New Home, Asgore’s palace. They started walking down the vast hallway that stretched before them.

“Sans, couldn’t you have gotten us a bit closer?” Undyne complained.

“Nah. Never want to surprise the strongest guy down here. Besides, I wanted to give the kiddo a chance to admire the grandeur of these plain, gray, lightless walls.”

Aaron snickered. “Suuure.”

After around a minute, they reached the end of the hall and came to a massive set of double doors engraved with the royal crest. Undyne stepped forwards and knocked. A deep voice called from within.

“Come in!”

Undyne pushed the door open and stepped in, followed by Sans and Aaron.

“Howdy, Undyne! And Sans and…oh? A human?”

“Yeah. I’m Aaron. Aaron Gates.”

“Well… Nice to meet you! I’m Asgore Dreemurr. Though I’m guessing those two already told you that.”

“Yeah, I did. And…do the words Arcane Government mean anything to you?” Undyne asked.

“That’s the group Argestes was part of, wasn’t it? Remember him? White hair, glasses?”

Aaron remembered what had been nagging at him for a while—Argestes had been down here! That was how he’d written a book about the Underground!

“Argestes! He was down here!” he shouted.

Asgore shot him a puzzled look. “Yes, he was. Does that name mean anything to you?”

Undyne cut in. “Actually, that’s the reason I asked—he says that his father is an admiral in the A.G.” (I’m going to type A.G. from now on but imagine that the characters are saying Arcane Government out loud.)

“Oh! You know Argestes, then?” Asgore was surprised.

Aaron nodded. “Yeah. He’s a friend of my father’s—helped me with battle training too.”

“So… why did you come down here? To meet us?” Asgore asked.

“I wish…but no. I came down because my world is probably going to get wiped out fairly soon. My parents wanted me to be safe.”

“Wiped…out? What exactly do you mean?”

“Short version: Evil dark wizard killed the only guy who stood any kind of chance against him and now he’ll destroy the world unless the good guys win somehow.”

“Oh.”

Aaron gritted his teeth. “But… I’m not just gonna sit here while everyone back home fights. I’m going to find a way back, and I’m going to help everyone else no matter what happens.”

“Determined, aren’t you? I like it!” Asgore replied. “Well, if you find a way back—or if the royal scientist Gaster finds a way back for you—I’d be glad to help, and I know some other people who’d help. Two of whom are next to you.”

“You-you will? Thank you, King Asgore!” Aaron beamed.

Lazarus (cont.)

She fired a blast of her magic, Shockwave Curse, at Cursebeard, slamming him against the far wall. But he got right back up and then created a ball of pure energy and shot it at her. She ducked in time for it to miss and hit the far wall, where it detonated in a massive cloud of smoke and dust that blinded Cursebeard—but not her.

She pressed her quickly-fading advantage, firing off shockwaves towards Cursebeard, trying to push him out of the house, maybe into the seashore, the way she’d defeated Morock Creed. Suddenly, a pillar of light exploded into existence next to her, making her realize that Durza had been attacking blindly for a while—and that the house wouldn’t be able to take too many more hits.

She scrambled outdoors and shot a blast behind her, hoping to trap Cursebeard if only for a moment—no luck. A glowing figure shot out of the house and summoned a massive bolt of lightning that brought her to her knees. She cursed—or tried to, anyway—as one more shot at her, but it never hit her.

Cursebeard was slammed back against the house as a web of green light shot at him. Valencia looked up to see a figure standing before her, and as she recalled the green light, she knew who it must be—Freedrock. She stood up, freshly determined; after all, if she couldn’t even beat Durza’s undead minions, how could she beat Durza himself?

She focused a shockwave at Cursebeard and fired it, letting it slam into Cursebeard and rip through the house still pushing him along. Next to her, Freedrock vanished and reappeared instantly on the other side of the house, summoning a final blast of willpower to destroy the undead Cursebeard.

1 Like