Part 4 of UT/AA Crossover

Read Part 3 first: Part 3 of UT/AA Crossover
Part 5: Part 5 of my UT/AA Crossover
Blazing Soul

The next day, Aaron rose before anyone else and headed right for the training room. He honed his magic for hours before he noticed that he had completely missed breakfast and everyone was probably worried about him.

Then the door opened and Asgore walked in. “I thought I’d find you here, Aaron. What time did you even get up?”

“Um…not sure. A few hours ago.”

Asgore laughed. “And you’ve been training the whole time? What do you say we have a little training match and then you go and get some food? You must be starving.”

“Yeah, I kinda am. Alright, let’s begin!”

And once again, Asgore opened the match, this time with a pillar of fire erupting at Aaron’s feet that he barely had time to dodge. Aaron summoned a dusty tornado around Asgore, but that only meant Asgore could cast a massive wave of fire and Aaron wouldn’t even know it was coming until it was too late.

Aaron was slammed onto the ground as it washed over him. He recovered quickly, though, and held out his hand. Rocks rose up from the ground and shot at Asgore. He dove out of the way and thrusted his trident in front of him. Aaron did the same.

Massive beams of fire shot out of both weapons. Aaron grimaced, trying to overpower Asgore.

Within him, something changed.

His fire grew a thousandfold hotter than it had been, and burned with a bright blue glow. Eight years of training—ever since he was seven—served him well. He had mutated his first mind into an ancient power of the creators of the gods, something that should not have been possible. But Aaron did it. His Fire Magic had mutated into Inferno Magic.

The beam shot forwards, destroying Asgore’s, and slammed into him. Asgore stabbed his trident into the ground, and managed to stay on his feet.

But now Aaron cast a massive blue fireball that smashed into Asgore. Aaron smiled, thinking he had won. But suddenly, Asgore smashed his trident into the ground. As the prongs glowed with a red light, he exhaled fire.

A tornado of fire spun around Asgore, pushing Aaron back. Asgore lunged, eyes literally flashing, and slashed at Aaron so fast that you could barely even see it.

Aaron tried his best to parry, but failed, his naginata flying away. The trident slashed again, and this time, Aaron had no weapon. But he had something else, and he used it.

He covered a fist in wind and threw a punch as hard as he could, sending Asgore flying backwards.

But he recovered quickly, and one final beam of fire sent Aaron tumbling away, too tired and hurt to continue.

Ruin

A.G. Headquarters

A comms officer suddenly ran in as the assorted group conversed.

“Durza’s wiped out almost all of the Third Sea, and he’s attacked other Seas too! And now his Undead…well, whenever they kill someone, they become Undead too!”

At first, no one could believe it. “What do you mean, wiped out? What has Durza done?” Thorne asked.

“He attacked most of the large cities—Alalea, Sabura, Cerulea. There were a few survivors of the attacks on Cerulea and Sabura, but Alalea is completely underwater—Durza used Poseidon, it looks like.”

Arsen growled. “Underwater. Poseidon defended all of us with his control over the water, and now…Durza is using that against us. Ironic.”

Valencia’s voice cut through the talking. “And the other seas?”

The messenger sighed and produced a piece of paper. “Here’s a list.”

Valencia looked.

The First Sea’s outpost had been destroyed, as well as every single major city. It was the same for the Second and Third Sea. In the Fourth, Genisi had been the only city to be attacked. The Fifth had been spared, as had the Sixth, probably to avoid attracting Thorne’s attention. And the Seventh—well, that was where Durza was presumably hiding.

Gravely, she handed the paper to the others. Everyone’s faces clouded. One by one, they agreed to assist the Arcane Government in ridding the world of Durza.

Blazing Soul (cont.)

Aaron got up and walked back towards New Home, Asgore supporting him some of the way, as he struggled to stay conscious. But he knew now that he couldn’t stop with the training sessions—he had to keep growing stronger. He headed straight for the kitchen; he needed food before he could do anything else.

There were a few pancakes on the stove, still warm, and he scarfed them down, the sheer deliciousness revitalizing him. He went to get himself cleaned up and then checked on the clock—almost noon. He’d been training for eight hours straight—no wonder he was tired.

He groaned and went in search of the others, and found Toriel, Asriel, and Chara getting ready to go somewhere, from the looks of it.

“What did I say about training too much?” Toriel scolded him.

“You said fine, go ahead, but know that you can take a break. You never said I can’t do it. And besides, I managed to mutate my Fire Magic because of today’s training.”

Toriel blew out a puff of air. “You are quite stubborn, my child.”

“I know.” Aaron grinned.

“If you’re not too tired, want to come with us?” Asriel asked.

“Where are you guys going?”

“Exploring the Ruins. We’ve done it a trillion times but you never know what new thing you’ll find; that’s the fun of it.” Chara explained.

“All right, I’ll go. I’ve never gotten a good look at the Ruins, seeing how I was so tired when I crawled through.”

And so they set off.

Ruin (cont.)

“We need to bring the survivors of the attacks here, or to the Sixth Sea. We can’t just leave them there to be killed, that does no good for anyone.” Freedrock said. “They’ll just become more Undead for us to face down.”

“That’s going to be hard, though. Imagine if Durza sent Poseidon—the ships wouldn’t stand a chance!” Angel commented.

“Freedrock is right, but so are you, Angel. How’s this: we’ll have four fleets, one for each sea. I’ll go with one fleet. Averill, Roran, I’d appreciate it if you would come with me. John, Trigno, Malcolm, please go with another. Samuel, Jace, Arus, you’re with another. And Arsen, Angel, and Robert (random name for another Cerulean), please go with the last fleet. John, Samuel, Arsen, you’ll command the fleets. And the people I have named will be in charge of protecting it.” Valencia said.

“Alright. But…be careful!”

Each fleet was comprised of 20 ships (5 frigates and 15 scouting sailboats) and 400 men: 200 scouts, 100 sailors, 60 medics, 36 soldiers commanded by a lieutenant, and the three protectors.

They set out towards their Sea in search of survivors, a grand navy of blue and white.

Exploring

They passed through the mechanical whirr of the CORE, the lava of the Hotlands, the nature of Waterfall, the snow of Snowdin and its forest, and arrived at the Ruins. Toriel left them at the entrance, telling them to stay safe.

“So…how does this exploring thing work?” Aaron asked.

“We just wander around looking for new things. Last time we found a secret door! It didn’t go anywhere, though…” Asriel answered, sounding a bit disappointed at the last sentence.

“Nice!”

And so they wandered. Aaron kept his senses sharp, looking for anything. He didn’t notice anything in particular, until…

A magical presence suddenly made itself known to him.

“Is there anything over there?” he asked, pointing down towards where he was sensing it from.

Chara looked over. “No, I don’t think so. Why?”

“I’m sensing something from over there. Something magical.” Aaron replied.

“Huh. Alright, let’s go check it out!”

They headed down the hallway, which got darker with every step they took. Aaron summoned a blue fireball to light the way.

“Why is it getting so dark down here?” Asriel wondered.

“Yeah, kinda creepy, isn’t it?” Aaron said.

They continued down the long, dark hallway. After almost ten minutes, they saw a door, old, but steel and with the royal crest on it.

“The Delta Rune…wonder what it’s doing here.” Asriel said.

Aaron stepped forwards.

“Be careful!” Chara said. “You don’t know what’s behind that thing!”

“True.” Aaron summoned his naginata . Cautiously, he poked the door with it. Nothing happened.

He stepped closer, naginata at the ready, and pushed the door, but it didn’t budge. There was no handle evident.

He tried using his Earth Magic to pull the door open, and this time it swung open, towards him.

“Let’s go in!” He said.

3 Likes

hot

1 Like

not hot
cold
very cold
see? :cold_face:

Here’s a heart :heart:

And another
:heart: