Parts of the trello update that I would like to stab

i m p a c t f i s t

vitality :flushed:

whats wrong with vitality

who knows

Vetex literally said he was going to remove vitality, though yeah, injuries made me go “Fuck you, no!”. There isn’t even a proper doctor profession/NPC, so this would be a bitch. The mounted Fishing Rod seems descent, but could easily nuke the economy.

i don’t think it will break the economy
(this refers to mounted rods)

Yeah, the mounted rod fears are a bit overblown.

I think a lot of the concern is afk-fishing with it (set boat in a circle, attach nets, leave game overnight), but this will probably be handled the same way afk-fishing currently is: a half-complete fix to stop the simplest macros, plus bans for anyone who gets around it.

Macro fishing isn’t going anywhere in AO (unless vetex adds a proper fling for big catches), so nothing’s really changing for autofishers. They’ve still got better options than mounted rods.

the injury mechanic to me sounds horrible

a great way to balance the mounted rod tbh is to make it only work if its gotten fish bait and for it to have a cap of lets say 100 fish bait so that it wont be afk-abusable

it says “at no expense”

it does sound annoying to players that just want to casually PVP/partake in tournaments… maybe make it so you can’t obtain injures while fighting inside arenas? Well like everything on the trello right now it’s just general ideas and concepts of what may potentially be added, everything’s subject to change

the biggest problem with it that i see is that it will just be a massive nuisance that slows everything down to a halt, especially the hip injuries which i can see becoming a massive nuisance for people who just like to go high, a much better fix would be to just add fall damage instead.

1 Like

If I had to guess, it’s something to disincentivise cheesing enemies above your level by attacking them, getting hit, and hiding around corners until you’ve regened to full.
Vetex doesn’t want to give enemies health regen, but he doesn’t want players to beat everything by abusing their own health regen and grinding down their opponents.

I don’t think it’s a very good fix (I’d rather just change how health regen works), but it’s the only gameplay reason I can think of to add it.

1 Like

yeah i’m not a fan of the injuries thing.

for cheesing enemies though just make the enemy NPCs slowly regenerate health after not being hit for like a time interval

One of the reasons I thought of was to discourage picking fights with other players for no reason. In WOM you can stroll up to an unsuspecting player and murder them simply because you wanted to, you don’t lose or gain anything by doing so. With injuries in mind you’ll have to pick your fights more carefully so you don’t end up overdoing it

5 Likes

I dunno, most RKing is pretty one-sided. Can’t imagine overstraining myself if all I’m doing is beating up a level 55.

Not to mention the RKer is picking the fights - it’s not some RNG dice roll, so they should be able to avoid overstraining themselves if they know how it works. Meanwhile, the RK-ee doesn’t get a say, and the easiest time to RK someone is when they’re in some other fight already. I can only see this making RKing worse, not better.

new legendary weapons too

Magic: Allows you to use more advanced spells.
Strength: Allows you to get more advanced fighting styles.
Weapons: Allows you to obtain more advanced weapon skills.
Vitality: You get some extra health.

dont underestimate health

Even if it is equally balanced with the other 3, it just isn’t that interesting.