Petition to LET US MUTATE OUR FIRST MAGIC

don’t care

yes it would, for the reasons listed above

also there’s no reason to be OPPOSED to this bruh, just sign the petition

Fine
:unamused:

1 Like

Lore doc doesnt even say that you cant mutate your first mind, it says that you mutate, but keep the original magic alongside the mutation.

yes that’s the issue

I’m using the old form of mutate here (replacing the magic)

Then why should that relate to gameplay if you can infact mutate your first magic, but instead of replacing the base magic it gives a mutation alongside the base magic

that’s not how it works from what I can tell

say you have metal and crystal
you mutate metal into frostmetal
you dont have frostmetal, crystal, and metal. you have metal and frostmetal

this is an issue because instead of having synergies, you just have a extremely similar magic.

I think you should be able to have frostmetal + crystal, so that you can effectively use synergies

Why would it get rid of crystal?? Its no different from having frostmetal and crystal, other than that you can additonally use metal if youd like to use the base magic you mutated from

It would be more like having Metal, Frostmetal and Crystal

exactly

well that would be nice too, but I don’t think mages are getting 5 magics

Idk man

“with most mages only able to learn 3 different types”

no 5 magic mages :fr: :smoking:

I think he means 3 base magics, since mutating seems to be more of an extension of a base magic

Basically, we get to pick 3 base magics throughout the game, and mutate them later, but we still get the option to use our base magics that we mutated from.

ok then what the hell is going on with Theos now :skull:

Wdym, he just studied the shit out of fire magic and mutated sun and phoenix from it. He was also really powerful, being up there with cursebeard (supposedly)

ok but why wouldn’t he have 2 more base magics if hes so strong

Cause he just locked tf in on fire magic? Idk dude im not theos

…or you just usually can only have 3 magics in general

Dude, theos’ magics havent even been brought up since before the theoretical mutation rework. Honest to god ask vetex, because in gameplay, we will have 3 base magics before we can mutate, and if it doesnt replace those base magics, we would have 4. Maybe we only keep our first magic after mutating it, whilst the others get replaced.

yeah screw that, let me have inferno be my strongest magic on my savant :rage:

2 Likes

no true scotsman

also bruh just accept that both are possible,

Wdym not true? 2nd awakening happens before we can even get mutations. Also if you are right i agree that we should be able to mutate our first mind