Petition to Repeal the Data Wipe

• To be able to quickly and conveniently trade around your items across files if you randomly want a certain item
  • Inventory can get extremely laggy if you have a large quantity of items
  • Some people may prefer to do trading not on their main file; they like to seperate their purposes
  • Some people don’t want to be bombarded with bad trades in game
  • Can make it way easier to keep track of your valuables and count them
  • And many other miscellaneous reasons

actual idiot hours bro. even if you don’t find there a purpose on storing items on a low level file/alt, how does that justify completely randomly wiping items above the file’s level for no good reason, especially when people have been doing this for years in WoM without any issue??

7 Likes

The item log got wiped too??? That’s so brazy, actually mind bogglingly wack decisions :face_exhaling:

1 Like

the “item log” is directly linked and updated in real time so we cant use that to trace back

1 Like

the more I dig into this the more awful the decision of doing that gets, whatever I guess

1 Like

it would only be possible to remove the code that does it, however that would be unfair to those who lost their items even more as people who havent yet joined get to keep them. its too late to turn back now, so everyone just has to cope with it somehow. thankfully, seasonals cant be wiped since they have no level, and everything that has been wiped can be farmed back eventually.

Yeah I was thinking about that too. However, just because it would be unfair to those affected isn’t grounds to continue the wipe. All it’d do is make a bad situation worse, and would probably look a lot worse for Vetex all things considered.

the main question i have for ppl that did storage files is why didn’t u guys max them ;-;

obviously if it happened when u were lvling then oof. but to the ones that didn’t they’re still a usable file, do a build you’ve never did and make a theme out of them like ur other files ;-;

does this extend to files that haven’t been started if they’ve played wom?

cause it’d be kinda wack to lose some gear sets i made back in wom and all that. not that it would matter tho since wom gear sets are obsolete ;-;

1 Like

i mean its been 2 months since release, and basically all wom builds apart from sunken ones are far outclassed.

i was boutta trade calvus gear to my new mage account last week thank god i didnt jesus

i get that but i had 20 files when wom was around and i haven’t gotten to all of them out of lazyness and other file prioritization ;-;

o well i’ll find out eventually

wtf

you can’t revert something that cannot be reverted

hey i had to experience all 23 magics wom had to offer w/ all sorts of stat builds somehow ;-;

im already tracking 44+ planned files for ao so far but haven’t grinded for it because

how do you get so much time

im still a few weeks out of gradeschool and into college

and i get my work done within school or do it in a decent short-medium amount of time at home. paired w/ no job and u get my situation.

plus i grind efficiently and this is over the period of weeks/months. i don’t actually physically have 44+ files and currently more towards ~30 last i counted

because literally no one is going to spend 10 hours maxing out a build they’re never gonna use (AO has zero replayability)

1 Like

Yeah I don’t think that’s restorable and that’s the part that ticks me off.

The only way we can repeal this shit is by doing a mass restock or something similar

slightly fair enough on the replay-ability reason but at least get them to lvl 125 or smth ;-;

gear doesn’t have to be the best in the world, just max lvl them and make them tanky as possible if ur storing galleons. (thought of the pvp shield reason but u get capped on the amount of galleons u can have if under it)

you cant revert data on roblox unless youre storing old data somewhere else or have screenshots of the items to use to recreate what the player had before

i think it should be disabled to prevent any more item loss though, i feel like a middle ground would be mods looking into the accounts and statistics of people who own items that were originally owned by banned exploiters instead

4 Likes

dont bother warmwater is probably a troll tbh