Player Jail Times Should Be Scrapped As A Mechanic

Player Jail Times Should Be Scrapped As A Mechanic
effort 2.833333333333333 12 quality 3.2 10 reasonability 3.0 19

I’m glad to see atleast one person here has played a negative rep file.

Pox I think your cool n all but this just sounded really bitchy

They don’t seem to understand that there are better ways to punish a criminal than making them have to go afk for 10 minutes whenever they die.

1 Like

I know its so fucking stupid.
These people have NOT played a criminal file.

1 Like

I may have taken it just a liiitttllleee personally.

Then again, i’m not saying the system is perfect as it needs some reworks and fixes, but you could think about how it could be improved. The game is in early access after all and any ideas we could give to improve the system are welcome

You’re talking like the jail system shot your dog

The only reason I’m disagreeing with you is because you don’t give any other forms of punishment for being a bad rep player and being arrested. If you had given an alternative to being arrested or suggested a fix to arresting I would have agreed.

Like I said, having the jail time system at all is straight up worse than positive and negative reps having no differences at all.
I’m not saying that it’d be good if it was like that, but it would definitely be an improvement.

1. The perks of being bad rep makes it better than positive rep all around, besides notoriety.

2. One of bad reps major flaws is getting REMOVED

1 Like

It needs some form of punishment for being negative rep

The only “solutions” I’ve seen for this system are:
1: Adding minigames and NPCs around the jail
2: Giving the player more space to walk
3: Making silverhold look better.

NONE of these help.

is being constantly chased by 2+ navy ketches and having no time to do anything before you’re swarmed by a bunch of NPCs twice your level not punishment enough?
Not to mention that there’s NO reward for defeating them and it only gets worse when you do.

If your struggling with navy ketches, you probably should just be positive rep tbh

I don’t struggle with them.
There just so happens to be infinite of them.

I don’t care how good you are, its a losing battle and a waste of time and effort.

jail system killed my grandma

3 Likes

what if jail time was replaced with community service. you don’t gain galleons for like your bounty x .001 (1mil bounty = 1000 money) and if you die while you have community service up it doesn’t reset the amount you have to do. prison time would be a secondary option

The entire notoriety system is avoidable by clearing it for what, 50 galleons a star? It’s not that hard to be clear of it

I far prefer the suggestion proposing having stuff to do while in jail.

Removing it straight up doesn’t help either, i could say again that a prison escape thingy could be added or the prison time could be lowered so you can improve your suggestion, but instead you are just complaining and i feel like im talking to a wall sooo yeah. My point is you’re whole suggestion makes it sound like you were recently boxed to death by a navy sailor which then got you to spent 10 minutes on jail and only for you to rage quit afterwards. I tried to give you some ideas on how a better compromise could be reached with the devs to end up with a better system, but this isn’t going anywhere so i’m gonna pass completely of this thread