Player Jail Times Should Be Scrapped As A Mechanic

Player Jail Times Should Be Scrapped As A Mechanic
effort 2.833333333333333 12 quality 3.2 10 reasonability 3.0 19

I’m going to get straight to the point, jail times have no reason what-so-ever to exist for players in any form and thus shouldn’t exist.

Be honest with me and tell me that minigames or anything of the sort like other people have been suggesting would do anything at all to improve what is essentially a 10 minute temp ban in the time out box.
You aren’t even allowed to hop on a different roblox game while you wait because the timer saves for some reason beyond my understanding.

When you die as a negative rep player, instead of respawning in Silverhold to sit around and do nothing, it would fade to black and you’d just respawn like any other player.
If they meet the requirement for an execution, they should be given the option to just have it happen as a short cutscene or an event like it is now or just leave that as an NPC specific feature too.

Tl;Dr : Jail times accomplish literally nothing as a game mechanic outside of wasting the player’s time and being frustrating so why have them to begin with?

8 Likes

while i agree, i feel like there must be SOME difference between the two reputation routes, and until vet makes features for both of them that make them feel different, jail time will have to be the substitute

3 Likes

I agree that the routes should feel different.

but I completely disagree with this since it is worse than having no difference.

1 Like

I don’t think jail times should be straight up removed as it works as a punishment for messing up as a villain. While i’m not 100% supportive of removing it entirely, there should be some kind of consequence for when you mess up (after all actions have consequences). I believe there could be an option to escape from prison or a mechanic to make it less detrimental, but for now maybe vetex should lower the time for a bit until its reworked.

The punishment for messing up as a villain is already that you lose a bunch of galleons and bounty.
Why should you also get shoved in the timeout box?

If I’m being completely honest, nearly every mechanic that separates negative rep from positive rep does nothing but impose restrictions on players.
Notoriety forces you to spend money or get chased endlessly by a hoard of NPCs twice your level.
Shop restrictions make repairing and turning in sealed chests just that much more of a pain.
Jail times and executions just add a completely unwanted and unneeded punishment onto dying.

The only two positives that come to mind for being negative rep is being able to attack merchant ships and Kai.
Think about it for 3 seconds and tell me that its worth it.

2 Likes

Fix: don’t lose or renown wipe

Challenge: tell me what’s good about it and how it positively impacts gameplay.

Punishes you for being careless while having a bounty

Then why shouldn’t positive rep players be thrown in the timeout box when they’re assassinated?
Its exactly the same thing, except now instead of bounty they have fame.

Because they didn’t break any laws?

1 Like

Syndicate kidnaps them for 10 minutes before making an example out of them.
Bingo there’s your lore reason.

Why are you surprised you get punished for being in the evil faction

1 Like

An average villain goes around murdering innocents, stealing stuff and causing chaos whenever it goes, just losing money and bounty when being defeated doesn’t make up for it. Playing as a villain is supposed to be hard just like in real life, if you have any problem with that just play as a hero. Ofc i’m not saying that the system is perfect and shouldn’t have some tweaks (i stated some suggestions to how it could be improved) but just straight up removing mechanics (which draw a clear line between being good and bad without both of them felling the same) and complaining won’t work buddy

1 Like

Lore is not a reason to impact gameplay like this.

Nobody’s surprised you get punished for being evil.

The problem is that you get put into a CantDoShitBox for 10 minutes without anything to do.

That’s not “punishment” that’s shitty game design.

7 Likes

The entire point of the assassin syndicate contracts is to kill someone fast and efficiently, why would they kidnap someone?

1 Like

Negative reps have tons of advantages as you can easily gain a bounty then gain fame for deckhands and negative rep players can hunt both positive rep and negative reps. You also don’t need to buy cargo as you can just steal it for free.

Negative rep only has few cons such as not being able to shop in towns and navy is always on your ass and mainly getting hunted gives a mere 10 min time out for all the plus points you get. Removing that would make everyone in the game gear towards being a bad rep and you’d never find good rep players.

2 Likes

Cargo trading is its own form of torture and I refuse to see that as a positive.
The negatives VASTLY outweigh the positives and if you don’t think they do then I doubt you’ve ever played a criminal file.

Bad rep is getting a buff actually

3 Likes

Wow that’s some very good logic!

Going by this, anyone caught by the grand navy should have to be in jail for 20 years or permanently until someone breaks them out!

Also going by this logic, there should be a high bounty requirement for clearing notoriety. Because why not right?

Hell, why stop there? Let’s make it so killing ANYONE will immediately send 5 heavy gravy ketches to your location.

Since, yknow, it’s supposed to be realistic and all.

4 Likes