Player Jail Times Should Be Scrapped As A Mechanic

Player Jail Times Should Be Scrapped As A Mechanic
effort 2.833333333333333 12 quality 3.2 10 reasonability 3.0 19

I went to check the declined suggestions because i figured “don’t literally just ask vetex to delete a feature outright after working on the game for months” was probably on there. Because it sounds obvious.

I just ain’t a fan of the typical roblox user who only ever uses the forums to complain about something everyone has already talked about without anything constructive to add. It’s that simple.

We know the jail system sucks, that plenty of people (including myself, if you couldn’t get the hint at this point) would love nothing more than for literally anything else, you’re not the first to complain, i’m pretty sure the devs are well aware. So you don’t need to rehash it if you have nothing to add besides another “this bad”.

1 Like

PvP linked punishment for losing a fight with someone who has your bounty, removing this would entirely rework the the reasoning to not be negative rep, and would then be considered a core feature

I wonder how he will deflect this one

Everybody else tries to compromise and say shit like “if the time is reduced it’ll be better” and “If X, Y, and Z is added it’ll be good”
to me, that all smells like a bunch of bullshit.
I’d much rather just get to the point and get rid of it entirely.

If you also hate the system then why the hell are you defending it? That’s stupid.

I’d hardly call a “PvP linked punishment for losing a fight with someone who has your bounty” a core feature.
That’s a branch off of 2 or more core features.

The SPECIFIC punishment too? That’s going even deeper.

Jail is trash and i also want it gone, but it’s tied to executions and the ability to rescue players from them which (from what i’ve seen in vetex’s twitter and in general) vetex is pretty attached to. So a simple “delete outright” will uh, probably not be implemented.

All i’m saying is, if you expect to be able to shout at vetex to delete something without giving an actual suggestion to replace the feature with then you’re following the wrong goddamn dev. He ain’t gonna budge, so you’re wasting time if all you have is “delete”

Its a punishment for going negative rep

Hating a system doesn’t mean he cant defend it

Screenshot_20230526_132805_Firefox
How does a 10 minute timer fit this description
What the fuck where’s the image

it IS a whole lot of nothing.

I have nothing :frcryin:

Then how about having jail only apply when you’re gonna get executed or something that isn’t just 10 minutes of sitting still

I’d have no problems with that. I’m gonna sound like a broken record but if you’re got an actual suggestion for a way to rework it or other feature to put in place like what you mentioned, then i’ve got zero issues.

I once again ask: what would replace it?
villains already lose a bunch of bounty and galleons on defeat.

There’s already the notoriety system which is punishment enough for BeInG bAd
couple that with the nonexistent advantages of being a villain and its STILL a downgrade from being a hero.

I’m not necessarily arguing for the 10 minute jail time, but what would you consider/classify as a core feature?

Mechanics that branch off into other usually smaller mechanics in a meaningful way in that said branching mechanics couldn’t function without it.
Hence “core”

What features in AO does this entail?

That’s a big question with a LOT of answers.

bruh. about to hit me with the “YES EXCEPT THAT ONE” i’d bet

be real with me.
executions are all for show.

if they were NPC exclusive NOBODY would care.
It would function just fine without the player aspect.

Like clockwork.