Player Jail Times Should Be Scrapped As A Mechanic

Player Jail Times Should Be Scrapped As A Mechanic
effort 2.833333333333333 12 quality 3.2 10 reasonability 3.0 19

My bad didn’t mean all of them, just a few examples

potion brewing, fishing, reputation, those sorts of things immediately come to mind.

Fishing ties into cooking which ties into exploration and combat through the status effects
Potion brewing ties into combat, diving, exploration, and a load of other things.
Reputation ties into deckhands (unfortunately), bounty hunting, and the jail system.

If these core mechanics were added or removed, the gameplay would change in a noticeable way.

nah it’s really funny to arrest a toxic player

new-challenger-xmen

i’m sorry idk why us having this argument of “yes it’s bad however–” and then someone dropping in and going “no. i like sending people to the time out box.” sent me to the moon.

not really.
If the jail system was removed for players but still applied to NPCs, the execution system would be barely impacted.
much less the actual gameplay of the game.

tell me, when was the last time you saw a player get executed?

Bruh you called me a gravy rker when i told you “you got anything to add beyond delet” we both know you’ll just refuse to believe me if i tell you i saw multiple executions today and a crapton of people breaking out their pals.

let me guess, you saw the notification that said that somebody was going to be executed.
followed shortly by them being broken out.

well of course, that’s probably the easiest way to get to 100k bounty lol.
just heading over to silverhold and breaking out everybody as they show up.

Everyone saying “keep jail time” should remember that Vetex temporarily had an equivalent for good rep players (kept for ransom at red corner iirc)
But he REMOVED it… because it was a dogshit mechanic that made the game much less fun

2 Likes

I wonder if the jail mechanic could POSSIBLY be similar.

The agora articles with last words in question:

the NPCs in question.

NPCs don’t get articles in the agora with last words you frankfurt sausage.

what???

Because the positive rep testers complained

damn if it was fully implemented I’m sure alot more people would be with me here lol.
could wipe out both halves of an awful feature in one go.

This was before I realized that assassins usually kill people instead of imprisoning them

Idc bring it back it’ll be funny

Just wanted to quickly come in here and say that this changed, before it used to make all ships following you become normal grand navy ships, thought didn’t stop npc’s who were running free, thought now it’s been changed to de-spawn anything after you immedietly, or at least ships.
I got to see this first hand as I was attacking Whitesummit with some Grand Navy npc’s as they suddenly vanish, leaving me alone to fight the assassin.

Overall I can understand why you are frustrated with the mechanics of the jail, thought I think that it’s total removal would be overkill.

I think that the jail should have a kind of “pity” system, where the amount of time that you’ll spend there will depend on how much you’ve done since the last time you finished your jail time.

Another thing that could shorten time to being released could be server security, with factors such as less criminals and higher navy influence contributing to a faster release, thought applying exclusively to the server you were arrested in, this being because as a criminal you are the only unpredictable thing to the good side, making you important to the game overall.
For a in-universe explanation we can say that the Navy is confident they’ll be able to recapture you if you do anything bad.
The idea of mini games are also great, you could spend your time fishing with an old fishing rod to kill some time.
I however believe that under some conditions that jail time could also be increased, such as being an accomplice to a criminal who is in combat or being hunted down.
Leader board players would however always get the whole 10 minutes thrown at them.

In summary, I believe that the jail is a core feature and absolutely necessary, but I think that it should be less harsh sometimes.

2 Likes