Poll: Is Tank Fish's video on AO detrimental or beneficial to the game?

• Beneficial, for whatever reason you can say in the replies
  • Detrimental, for whatever reason you can say in the replies

0 voters

The Rant

So I’ve actually seen a whole lot of divide about this in multiple game discords. Some absolutely hate him making a video about a favorite game, since it’ll inevitably attract a whole load of fascist 13-year-olds to the experience and ruin it (I quit Rise of Nations partly because of it). Be especially afraid if his video has something to do with his “Chaos Legion” that raids games and basically inspires his viewers to get on and act like assholes in his name (Games like Blood and Iron were briefly unplayable for me due to the influx of Tank Fish fans after his video on it).

On the other hand, games that don’t really have player vs player interactions (like Doors or The Mimic) don’t seem to care and I’ve met fans who welcome Tank Fish viewers since it can really give a hefty boost to the player count of a relatively unknown, underrated game.

In the case of Arcane Odyssey, I find his video to be both misleading and beneficial in a way. I think the fact that he skips all the dialogue is an insult to the amount of creativity and effort Vetex put into the storyline (while reading Deepwoken’s dialogue by the letter). Or the way Ron grinds to doubled the level requirement for the Stepstones, possibly tricking new players into trying to do the same. Or them still using a rowboat so late in the storyline (man there’s a lot).

He does get kinda funny and creative every once in a while, like using gunpowder barrels to one-shot Argos, but man you do not understand the amount of people I’ve seen in the player list in-game named Robbin Banks since his video.

nothing has changed the game is still at a healthy 3.3k

free infamy I guess :man_shrugging:

I don’t get whats so funny about the name “Robbin Banks”

Personal Opinion:
Stop gatekeeping the fucking game
Thanks

37 Likes

its not that deep its just an AO video, i dont see how it would be detrimental to the game whatsoever as its literally free advertising and brings in more players

11 Likes

My opinion:

At first glance, Tank Fish’s video on AO seems to be a really bad omen. In fact, AO is the type of game that Tank Fish WOULD raid(good ship combat, land combat is fun, HIGHLY, AND I MEAN HIGHLY abusable pvp, and to top it all off, many of his “Chaos Legion” won’t need any actual combat experience to be useful, choosing builds like Metal and magma mage)

However, in all honesty, this is actually gonna be interesting.

1. Wouldn’t it be cool to see the big guilds of AO fighting the Chaos Legion?
    You cannot say no, just imagine the PVP/LB guilds in a naval battle turned ship sword clashing fight. It would be LEGENDARY.

2. The game will in the end benefit from more players!
    More players=more money for Vetex, and we don’t want Vetex to starve, do we?

3. They won’t be a huge threat at first, and some might actually just quit the game after a raid or two.
    Be honest, does Tank Fish’s viewer base look like the kind to actually want to sit and grind for good gear, or even try to level up the way Vetex intended?
    I will admit, they would have been a decent threat if they came pre-Kai/Merlot nerf, but now you are basically forced to actually play the game.

1 Like

Also, it’s not as if these new players will do anything different from current players.

In AO we have:
Casuals
PVP sweats(me)
Toxic players/people that steal your sealed chests/ people that sink your boat for NO REASON
Clan war lovers(basically toxic players but this time they are in a clan and will spark a clan war if you try to defend your self)

Tank Fish’s fans:
Casual viewers that don’t participate in the raids(people like you and me, relatively normal)
Viewer’s that will max out in every game Tank Fish so much as coughs about
Toxic viewers incited by Tank Fish’s chaotic nature(cmon man, the 12 year old brain is impressionable)

In the end, things will stay the same. Some new players will join expecting a new fun experience, others will join to cause trouble and participate in clan wars and navy battles.

I bet only a few of them will at most dip their toes into PVP, so if you’re worried about a squad of Chaos Legion sweats destroying you, don’t be.

Chances are they’ll only be dangerous at sea.

1 Like

It’s just his fans playing the game not that it’s affecting anyone really, If anything.

Also they’re probably bad at PvP anyway so free bounty/fame or infamy/pvp kills

1 Like

plot twist: I am a Chaos Legion member >:)
(joke, I just like watching the dudes videos, can’t lie gotta say it’s fun to watch)

1 Like

I rarely encounter players let alone tankfish fans in the first place so I’m not too worried about raiding

I don’t expect them to be good either. I believe Tankfish kept M1ing weapons as a Warlock/Berserker/Mage (idk his actual build, but ik damn well he didn’t invest in weapons), so I think Tankfish’s audience still prefers the M1 Combo type PvP

TLDR, its whatever and free advertisement is free advertisement

1 Like

Personal opinion, I think it’s cringe to gatekeep a roblox game of all things

3 Likes

Who doesn’t want new players

1 Like

I never asked people to call me cringe, I asked if you thought Tank Fish’s video was good or bad for the game.

I see the playerbase is more inviting this time around, fine by me. Im not doing this out of salt, Im doing this out of, get this, personal opinion.

1 Like

just like how traders gatekeep sunkens from everyone who dont have seasonals or more sunkens???

Oh I wasn’t referring to you, I was just putting my reason for why I voted. I hadn’t even realized there was a hidden rant under the vote til just now

Just let people play the game the way they want to play it. Every video game has different types of players. Some only play it for the story, some only play it for the combat, some people love to explore while others love to grind. Anybody should be able to play a game regardless of what their playstyle is.

right, deepest apologies then

1 Like

That has something to do with the game and doesn’t support keeping an entire fucking community out just because “they’re kids!!!” :nerd:

Nobody will cry and weep that they have to wait another week until they can actually get seasonals to, yknow… trade?

But you’re talking about gatekeeping the entire game from the same community this is.
A bunch of teenagers.
We’re a bunch of teenagers
They’re a bunch of teenagers
Stop splitting the difference between them and us apart like we’re any better.
Cause surprisingly, we are not.

1 Like

mhm how do I gatekeep a game when Im literally just another player who simply doesnt like the side effects a youtuber’s videos have on the game they’re about? I cant gatekeep even if I wanted to lmao sit down and cool down