Positive Reputation Theft Restrictions

Positive Reputation Theft Restrictions
effort 0.0 0 quality 5.0 1 reasonability 5.0 1

Accidentally Stealing is an issue I never thought would exist.

Stealing already is borderline useless, its basically just to give a super minor bad rep farm. There is no exclusive drops obtainable by stealing from chests that isn’t obtainable from the absurd amount of legitimate chests everywhere.

Just either add a yes/no confirmation that we actually want to steal, or make it impossible once your past a specific positive rep threshold.

See a really really annoying thing that can happen, is if the stealable chest is near an npc, the chest takes priority. So if you walk into a building and hit “E” to talk to the npc, you can just accidentally steal from the chest and eat a fat 1k negative renown once your past 1k positive renown.

Your likely to do this when walking into the shipwright in shells town since the stealable chest is literally right next to the npc’s head.

Its already annoying to lose 1k renown, getting garbage from it is just salt in the wound.

There is no reason a positive rep player would want to steal (arguably there isnt a reason a negative rep player would want to steal either, but thats a whole other can of worms). Its just so easy to accidentally hit the button.

Just make it impossible to steal once your rep is 1k or more, or if it has to be an option make it a yes no popup like stat resets, just incase the positive rep player wants to reset their rep the hard way.

Shell Island Tailor and Shipwright

1 Like

Changes like this are already planned, and may be coming as soon as the patches for this update, but if not then soon after that.

1 Like

tailor too, but even then. Why is it even an option. I understand for a new character that wants to be evil, but this shouldn’t even be a thing once your dead set on being a good character.

There is no reason to intentionally do it since its no different from the other chests we find everywhere. Its exclusively just to get a tiny evil bonus for a negative rep players.

This is a planned feature on the adjustments list

2 Likes

You know it would be cool these these had like a higher odds of getting gems and other valuable items, after all you are quite literally stealing valuables. I think there should be more options to be a theft like heist; I want to be a bad rep but for some reason can’t bring myself to murk random civilians, just let me be a piece of shit theft.

1 Like

well the hard way not really, since you dont have to spend galleons for it

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.