Post some Sea monster ideas here

isn’t that like a pro tip for survival in any situation?

(i guess…

but for this monster, similar to the lord of the ocean, you may wanna extra consider this step.)

Ima just do a full power metal mage build.
Also you never mentioned its base health amount.

1.2 million hp.

:neutral_face:

Welp. Time to never fight this thing.

just wear warding in the dark sea smh

here’s one dumb one I thought of

The Great Unknown

abyssal/apollyon tier

spawn: somewhere in the dark sea, somewhat rare.

this “sea monster” is the embodiment of our absolute lack of exploring the oceans, and is also slightly based off ASOUE (try and guess the acronym)

The general description is what looks to be an absolutely massive whirlpool surrounded by fog at first, and when approached a sailboat sized tentacle that is absolutely covered in things like rocks and corals comes out of the center, looking into the water after this only lets you see the tentacle going down deeper and deeper into the water, till near the very floor if you somehow sink downwards and manage to see it, a massive shape even larger than the whirlpool, which would look like a sort of coral reef. this, is The Great Unknown

what it does right after activation is another tentacle comes out and pushes your boat into the whirlpool, which would deal minor boat damage over time, which should be nullifiable with that one stat for your boat, and serves as the arena.
(note that by tentacle I mean squid arms lol)
It’s attacks consist of tentacles appearing out of the sea, and after a bit of time for you to move out of the way, they go down, in an attempt to sink your boat, this would deal heavy damage since yknow, they are massive

it can also sometimes throw things at your ships, usually rocks and such, which deal decent damage to the ship and quite a bit against players, even ragdolling them depending on damage delt, which is not a good thing. at certain “health” thresholds it throws bundles of sealed chests at you, which don’t sink into the ocean and only despawn a good time after the fight is over

if you fall into the whirlpool, may the lord save you. the whirlpool brings you to the center of it, right into the tentacle, which after grabbing you sinks into the ocean, deeper and deeper, you instantly die after going a decent distance down, just enough to see the “body” of The Great Unknown, then if there’s other players it will go back up

to “kill” it you need to bombard the central tentacle with cannonballs a whole lot, and after “killing” it, the tentacle preforms one last attack where it throws a large ball of sealed chests at you, and then disappears along with all the fog and the whirlpool, if the sealed chests hit the boat they will instead of dealing damage just spread out along the ship, some of them may also have some special equipment if I ever think of them

this thing would be able to take a lot of damage, and instead of having hp, actually requires you to hit it enough times, the amount of cannonballs it would take being around 200, since big ships can fire a lot of cannonballs. if there are cannonball types that have multiple projectiles, these projectile’s “damage” to it will be reduced by whatever amount is needed to make hitting all of them be equal to a single normal projectile

2 Likes

do ya like it?

I personally feel as though apollyon tier sea monsters shouldn’t just be “haha big scary thing” but rather embody SOMETHING to do with the sea, such as how TGU is meant to be how little we know about the ocean

I like it. it does what its meant to do.

and it isn’t just a “haha you now lose your dark sea run” type thing

true. I guess my sea Monsters are kinda like that. But there are ways to avoid both.

my favorite monster :smile:

ehhh, it’s really just rng saying “fuck you restart your dark sea run”

how about this one?

this one?

i like titanic hermit a lot too

One thing to consider is that this monster isn’t meant to be hunted, it only exists so that it could jump newbies which is why it only gives money and has a phase that’s practically unbeatable solo

Tromos

Tier: Apollyon
Spawn: Deep in the dark sea in rough seas or thunderstorms
Drops: Terror’s Fin, sells for a large amount of money
Type: Absolutely massive sea serpent (im talking like large island sized just coiled)
Abilities:
Roar: This happens when Tromos spawns or is getting near your location, your crew will tell you when Tromos has roared, inflicts minor stun

Dive: Tromos will dive into the water for a brief period of time, regenerating slowly for about 5 seconds, medium knockback

Wrap: Tromos wraps a ship with part of its body, dealing heavy DoT to the ship

Slam: Using its tail or head, Tromos slams down on its target, dealing heavy damage to anything it hits

Magic Breath: Spews out constant waves of magic only being able to be stopped by clashing or blocking, the type of magic is random to simulate magic polution

Fury: Upon reaching half health, Tromos will let out a roar that can be heard from very far away then enters a state of no mercy, dealing constant attacks with boosted damage. This phase never ends and is meant to give the player a chance to flee

Extra Info:
Trying to sail from a Tromos early will have it chase you down quickly, temporarily entering Fury
Tromos means terror in Greek
Tromos moves around a ton during the fight

kinda bad since it’s meant to be unbeatable

Disclaimer: I can’t name things

King of Monsters

Apollyon

spawns every time someone reaches either

1. 1000 normal shark kills
  2. 75 poison shark kills
  3. 50 white eyes kills

drops: Shark staff, 5% (summons a group of sharks if in or near water)
Sunken Crown, 15% (boost defense by 10%, power by 7%, more air time underwater)
Poison tooth rifle, 10% (Epic tier musket, deals poison damage on hit)
various shark drops including shark sea monsters

look:
humanoid with dark cloak, sorta like kraken but bigger
glowing white eyes
sunken iron textured crown
shark fins on back, arms, and legs
shark like teeth

abilities:
Water magic:
Beam ult - Ocean’s Wrath (100% size dual)
Zone - tidal zone (dot)
arrow shaped blast - Watery assault

Staff:
Shark swarm - summons 5-10 sharks of any variant
poisonous touch - converts a shark to a poison jaws (rarely)
Storm of Teeth - summons a bunch of shark teeth around the play and shoots themin after a short delay
Fin slash - giant slash in front of them

crown:
Storms unleashed - summons a thunderstorm (second stage)
Tidal King - summons tsunamis (like kraken)

fighting styles:
Earthshaker - slams fists together, cracks spread then the area around him explodes like geysers
Water tomb - slams hands into water, sending large spray in a line to target (knocks upward)
Ult art: World of Water - large locking sphere thing on fists, crashes together then explodes like verdies

shark summon multiplier increases by 1.1x when more players
health increase by 1.2x
damage by 1.1x

First stage: magic and fists
Second: crown ability activates
Third: Summons 2 white eyes

nobody is talking about this one wth